Youlanda wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't know if you know this piece of information or not. Some one I don't remember his name but I will check it out for you if you want found Youlanda wreck in the RED SEA. But it need trimix and specail plan to do it. I am talking about 145 Meters depth. So this is not for recreational divers what so ever.

I don't know if this is right place to post this or not, you are free to move it under any category which you see it is more suitable

gehadoski:
I don't know if you know this piece of information or not. Some one I don't remember his name but I will check it out for you if you want found Youlanda wreck in the RED SEA. But it need trimix and specail plan to do it. I am talking about 145 Meters depth. So this is not for recreational divers what so ever.

I don't know if this is right place to post this or not, you are free to move it under any category which you see it is more suitable

Doesn't sound right to me fella - Yolanda is a wreck off of Shark Reef and can be done on air... It's no more than 15 metres if my memory serves?

I could of course have this entirely wrong as I don't have my logs to hand - but I don't think so? I was on the Yolanda last week and I think I'd have remembered the 145m bit :D

No what you dove on was the remains of the Yolanda wreck, I believe that you saw some tubes, as I remember there is a toilet. My friends took many pictures of me sitting on it. What I am talking about is the Yolanda wreck itself

This was in sportdiver magazine. I've got it in front of me now. It was Mark Andrews and Leigh Cunnigham that found it. There are containers at 73m and the deepest at 86. And there's bits of wreckage as deep as 160m. Sorry for butting in, I'll go away now.

junior diver is right. What you dive as a normal dive are only parts of the wreck plus it's cargo. The majority of the wreck sliped down the reef and is at various depth - including more than 100 meters. BTW gehadosky - it's spelled as Yolanda.
Mania

Back
Top Bottom