you people are really THIS crazy?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove clear springs (local mud hole thats shallow) with 2 X 108's and 4 stages

why? (queue game show music)

A. I'm a stupid stroke
B. for practice
C. or for the hell of it because that mud pit gets boring quickly
D. I'm just a retard that wants to look cool

Answer:
B and C

I have performed dives where i have sat on deco with 7 cylinders that I brought back up with me, however I did not carry them like the guy in the picture.

the only half way valid argument I can see against it, is the possibility of not being able to deploy a long hose in an emergency due to the clutter on the right, otherwise I know nothing of the guys story so can't really judge

The diver in the picture in the first post is taking an unecessary risk by failing to utilize a piece of scuba gear that would give him an extra margin of safety and is really not much more effort to carry.

Tech divers who know your stuff, take a good look at the picture and see if you can figure out what vital piece of gear is missing before clicking on the Spoiler tag to reveal it.

Oh no you didn't!

But yes you did. In any event, I took you literally and my first reaction was that I couldn't see a primary light.

My guess would be that the fellow in the initial photo is a support diver, on his way up with spent deco and/or stage tanks ... if it was me I'd have at least three of those on a leash ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My guess would be that the fellow in the initial photo is a support diver, on his way up with spent deco and/or stage tanks ... if it was me I'd have at least three of those on a leash ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thats how I used to carry them. I would then ferry the tanks to a hanging gear line (which we would pull up when the dive was done.) So I never had to carry them for that long. (Plus I used my scooter, so I didn't have to swim the darn things around.)

Thats how I used to carry them. I would then ferry the tanks to a hanging gear line (which we would pull up when the dive was done.) So I never had to carry them for that long. (Plus I used my scooter, so I didn't have to swim the darn things around.)

Nice thing about a leash in a case like that is you just unclip the leash and clip the whole thing into the gear line and you're done.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hmm I noticed a few things ... no leashes, bottles on the right, secondary reg is hanging too low or so it looks to me, dual bladder wing with long ass inflator hoses and what looks like yoke regs on his doubles :)

Someone should tell him that we have SCOOTERS for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom