You ordered your she-p, it arrived, now what?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well mine arrived a few days ago and has been tested at home before my first dives with it on this weekend. Looking forward to a very very long drysuit dive for once and no mad dashes to the bathroom after! There were no issues with the test other than it took me a few goes to umm... stick it on right! Those instructions in the first post were *very* helpful. :) I have to say, it was very fiddly to set up... but I imagine it is something I will get better/faster at with practice!

aMc10:
I'll be starting deco diving soon, so I'm going to invest in a She-P. Barry at Southern Cross divers has just become the Aussie distributor - Southern Cross Divers Calendar. I spoke to him at Oztek, and he's waiting to see if he can source the glue & wipes etc cheaper locally - if he can, it looks like the she-p on its own will retail for around $230.

I'll let you know how I get on!

Yes that is where I got mine. I got it with the SI-Tech valve he stocks. The valve I have heard is good, balanced one, but it is quite a large valve, unlike the Halycon ones which do not seem to be as noticeable when installed. It was *a lot* cheaper than most other p-valves I looked at though.

Thanks for the link!

We have a recent podcast with top Australian tech divers Linda Claridge and Lorriane Hardman---and of course "the subject" comes up. Here it is.

Last edited:
I tried mine out in the water for the first time today. Went very well and I had no real hassles with the she-p or valve itself. :) Though on the second dive I did not use the valve as I suspected water was leaking in through the hole where the p-valve is (I got a full suit flood from my neck seal on the first dive so was hard to tell what was leaking then :wink:) and I was right as my leg got soaked (I dried out the suit fully before the second dive too). I noticed when I got the drysuit back from the store after the valve install, that it was not glued in, and I could unscrew it and remove it completely from the suit. I checked this with the store and they set they fit a 'grommet' to avoid using glue and that this is a better system.

Seeing as it is leaking in around where the p-valve is, should I glue it in? I am not sure what a grommet is, the suit just has a hole in it that looks like it has been 'cauterized' (not sure if that is the right word but looks like when I sear my weight belt end so it does not fray) and each side of the p-valve screwed in to each other through the hole. I checked to see that the valve was screwed in tight before the second dive too.. I have a neoprene suit if that makes any difference.

Also on the second dive (this might have been the problem instead) at one point I realised that the valve was not turned off as I must have bumped it open at one point (my valve works by pushing it in, then twisting to shut/pulling it out and twisting to open), could water have leaked in then?

I tried mine out in the water for the first time today. Went very well and I had no real hassles with the she-p or valve itself. :) Though on the second dive I did not use the valve as I suspected water was leaking in through the hole where the p-valve is (I got a full suit flood from my neck seal on the first dive so was hard to tell what was leaking then

Saspotato,

I am also looking at buying a She-P but am confusted as to which valve. I am keen to know if the problems you had were with the valve? I was going to also buy it from Southern Cross Divers but am concerned about the Si Tech Pee valve.:confused:

Saspotato,

I am also looking at buying a She-P but am confusted as to which valve. I am keen to know if the problems you had were with the valve? I was going to also buy it from Southern Cross Divers but am concerned about the Si Tech Pee valve.:confused:

Oh I fixed the problem! Turns out when it was installed the tool to tighten the p-valve was not used (it is included in the package). Finger tight is not tight enough to stop the ocean getting into my suit :wink: Baz from Southern Cross helped me figure out what was wrong.

I have done three dives with it, the last after sorting out this issue and was bone dry everwhere :) The SI-Tech valve seems to work fine, though, it is a much bigger valve than the others I've seen, so if you want a more streamlined valve, do not get that one. Although given it was a third of the price of the other valves I saw, I was not too fussed about its size :)

I'll be starting deco diving soon, so I'm going to invest in a She-P. Barry at Southern Cross divers has just become the Aussie distributor - Southern Cross Divers Calendar. I spoke to him at Oztek, and he's waiting to see if he can source the glue & wipes etc cheaper locally - if he can, it looks like the she-p on its own will retail for around $230.
I'll let you know how I get on!

An Oceania distributor - this is awesome news!

I'm from New Zealand and a runtime of 110mins is about all i can manage and i just cant bring myself to wear depends or poise.

I've tried to use Southern Cross's site but it wont load for me - you dont happen to have an email address for Barry do you?
Either that or I'll have to wait for Oztek 2011!!

Thanks heaps, tara

An Oceania distributor - this is awesome news!

I'm from New Zealand and a runtime of 110mins is about all i can manage and i just cant bring myself to wear depends or poise.

I've tried to use Southern Cross's site but it wont load for me - you dont happen to have an email address for Barry do you?
Either that or I'll have to wait for Oztek 2011!!

Thanks heaps, tara

Yea think it only works in IE...
barry at southencrossdivers.com.au

I ordered mine from there, very fast delivery and he was helpful with issues I had. :)

really really REALLY appreciate the quick reply!!

Saspotato thanks for the quick response...
I rang Southern Cross this week ..out of stock...back next week or the week after...being holding on this long 1 or 2 more weeks won't kill me .... just can't get my head around peeing my "pants" (a nappy)... will let you know how I go when I get mine...:D

Back
Top Bottom