You MUST go see the WHALE SHARKS!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh heck yeah, now I don't have to ask for permission! lmao! and yeah... this board will flip upside down when I get to the OTHER video, OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You know what they say, photos are better than words, and video is better than photos!!!

... now just to think of where I should put it... Basic, Advanced, for the agencies, or the pub??? lmao!

^ I smell trouble brewing... Bwa ha ha ha!!

... now just to think of where I should put it... Basic, Advanced, for the agencies, or the pub??? lmao!

Post it in the Advanced, and label it "The Proper Way to do a Safety Stop," :rofl3:

Price is fixed at $125 maximum.
Oh, Ok. We paid $70 out of Holbox a few years ago - nice boat, 8 passengers I think. I don't see much need in more.

HAHA, which one?!?!? There's LOTS of 'that' video clips... and you remember what NetDoc said... anything that happens in Cozumel, gets posted on ScubaBoard!!!! hahahahahaha. But don't worry, you'll be safe!

PansSiren (John)

I have a picture of someone cleaning sand from a bathing suit. Any idea where that should be posted???????

Oh, Ok. We paid $70 out of Holbox a few years ago - nice boat, 8 passengers I think. I don't see much need in more.

Close to shore when you did it around Holbox? This location here from Isla Mujeres varies depending on what the whale sharks are doing, could be 15 miles straight out or more in open ocean. (note the blue water in the video)

I saw one boat from Holbox, it was super cool, a huge inflatable, looked like something the navy seals would use. Not sure how well it would do on the trip out, but it was ideal for snorkeling as everybody just straddled the pontoons and slipped into the water quite easily.

Close to shore when you did it around Holbox? This location here from Isla Mujeres varies depending on what the whale sharks are doing, could be 15 miles straight out or more in open ocean. (note the blue water in the video)

I saw one boat from Holbox, it was super cool, a huge inflatable, looked like something the navy seals would use. Not sure how well it would do on the trip out, but it was ideal for snorkeling as everybody just straddled the pontoons and slipped into the water quite easily.
It was a long ride, 2 hours or more, but still murky waters. You have cleaner waters with the IJ herd at times.

I'm glad to see all these posts recently about the whale sharks around Holbox...I've been there three times and doubt I've ever seen fewer than 25, with great viewing in shallow water. I've never understood why it's not talked up more on the board...seem to see more about Donsol or Oslob half a world away (from the US anyway) that I just cannot imagine matches the Holbox experience. I've only always done it from Isla Mujeres..want to say the price was typically only in the $75-80 range being that close to Holbox, and IM is worth a look for a day or two of diving and, if nothing else, a nice respite from the hustle of Cancun. For those looking for an operator you can contact before going there, I've dove a couple of times with Squaloadventures, who I'd recommend for diving, and they organized the whale shark trip for me..don't recall if it was physically their boat or not but they arranged it for me and I got a good deal.

We just came back from diving with them. Andreas is a really nice, clean cut, professional guy. He said he just bought his first boat, now he's working on getting a motor for it. One step at a time on the sleepy island.

Back
Top Bottom