You Know You're A Scuba Addict When...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And some sand even in the impossible places :D

You have a room in your house you refer to as your scuba room.

I know I'm bad. We have this huge master bathroom with one of those huge Oval bathtubs with the jets and big faucets for water to run out - most women think what a big romantic bathtub, All I can see is wow that thing is big enough to get all the gear in and has places to hang it up afterwards - SWEET!!

Mrs.Prages:
Every time you try to take a bath you first have to move all of your dive gear out of the way. :D
oh ya!!!! i know what you mean there as i always have at least two wet suits one core warmer and a dive skin soaking or hanging and othere misc dive gear in the shower and the tub!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

...when you are the "honey", and the "honey-do" list for the house and the car has about 15 problems on it that you just haven't had time to get to....but every single piece of dive gear has been rinsed, cleaned, adjusted, lubed, drained, disassembled/reassembled, filled, and stored (with fans adjusted for thorough drying,) and you are ready to dive on 5 minutes notice after diving 2, 3 or 4 times a week for the past 3 months.

So what if the clutch pedal on the car squeaks? Can you hear it underwater????

Watcher:
***You've attached your dive flag to your car to make it easier to find in large parking lots.

I did indeed have a small dive flag on my jeep's antenna....someone actually stole it.

to add to the list(I am guilty of these)....
You return rental gear working better than when you rented it...
You have developed a drying system for the gear in the extra bathroom at the resort...
You will only date or have relations with fellow divers (my girlfriend is a fellow diver)...
You have ever imagined how the land that you see on the road would look underwater (started doin that after watching a fishing show actually)...
You have ever bought dive gear for other sports (hiking and camping plus others in my case)...
While sitting at the computer reading this you can see more than 5 items you use while diving or items you can think of using...
Your dress watch is waterproof to 200 or 300 meters...

Things I'm not guilty of (yet)...
You have ever bought an engagement right cause it looks like a dive flag...
You ever sought out a job at a dive shop just for the free tank fills and gear discounts.... (this one should be under the things I'm guilty of....)
You have ever dug out scuba items to use in sexual ways... :wink:
You have more dive gear in your car than the instructor for your OW class has in his house...
Your baby uses a spair moutpiece instead of a pacifier...
You dug a pond in your back yard with the sole intention of using it to test new gear...
You have ever timed yourself while repairing and reassembling your entire dive gear while blindfolded....
The last piece of dive gear you bought will never see water as long as you live....
You have ever been to a funeral of a person you didn't know but was listed in the paper as a local diver....

That's all I can think up right now.

Back
Top Bottom