You know you are not a diver in Texas when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK........I will start the thread with........

"you know you not a diver in Texas when...................

YOU go diving without your cowboy hat and boots and ipod with Willie Nelson songs

here is another one...........

If your wife has never told you to get your dive gear out of the tub so she can take a bath.............

Last edited:
"you know your not a diver in Texas when...................

you only have one dive suit.

it doesn't matter whether you bring a light or not on the deep dive

You know you are not a diver in Texas when................

1. You pee in your drysuit
2. If your mask fogs underwater and you spit in it, Texans choose to spit on the surface.
3. show up with your own set of dive tables (using your own algorithms) and think its "doing it the right way"
4. ask everyone around if this mask is theirs under your tank
5. your buddy gives you the "OK" signal and you show him/her the finger and thinks its a valid way to communicate underwater
6. If you tell everyone in your dive group to not worry about gauges..."You will know when you are Out of Air"
7. If you pee in your wetsuit on the surface before entering the water :rofl3:
8. If you don't store your dive gear in a barn or shed
9. If you don't use the new equipment you bought in a pool session in your bathtub to check it out.

Last edited:
Debra! I love the new avatar! Seriously though, Baked Echo Scoops? This could only mean one of two things: 1) You are mad at Echo; or 2) You were bored and started playing with Photoshop.

Debra! I love the new avatar! Seriously though, Baked Echo Scoops? This could only mean one of two things: 1) You are mad at Echo; or 2) You were bored and started playing with Photoshop.

That photo was the creation you remember of Timeliner back on the thread concerning feeding of the little fishies at CSSP--LOL! Now that was a crazy/fun thread.....I still say don't feed the fish at CSSP..............if you think you might be spotted--:rofl3:

I missed that "feeding the fish" thread shoot-out. I don't know where I was; but I missed it. I just keep seeing people refering to it from time to time. No worries though, I missed all of the "Where is HUE" thread as well. However, since the HUE thread has been very persistent, I finallly broke down and read thru it. Somewhere in there, I found a link to the "fish feed" shoot-out thread. So now I have read that one.

I missed that "feeding the fish" thread shoot-out. I don't know where I was; but I missed it. I just keep seeing people refering to it from time to time. No worries though, I missed all of the "Where is HUE" thread as well. However, since the HUE thread has been very persistent, I finallly broke down and read thru it. Somewhere in there, I found a link to the "fish feed" shoot-out thread. So now I have read that one.

It's a good thing too. I thought we were going to have to throw you outta the club. :lotsalove:

Back to the thread...

"...when you peer through 30 foot vis and say...'Hey! Where's all the silt?'"

or alternately

"...you look around and say, "Uh, why isn't the water green (or brown)?"

You know you are diver in Texas when you use a cut up garden hose as a snorkel. Wait, am I doing this wrong?

You know you are diver in Texas when you use a cut up garden hose as a snorkel. Wait, am I doing this wrong?

This one is from an old thread dated 8/8/05:
Sloth:
I most say Nova is the greatest troll I have ever witnessed in all my years of Internet surfing. He baits people and keeps them coming back for more. I am in awe.

People, don't argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Swampers, let's follow Sloth's own advice. Don't argue with an idiot who keeps baiting you.
:shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom