You have one dive on Grand Cayman before you die, what site would you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New site just past the rum point cut towards rum point.... Ocean frontier calls it reggie rum running reef or something like that... not sure what the doe calls it but to me, its as good as babylon if not better.... really similar too.... the mooring is in a very dead spot and you need to swim out to the wall (roughly 3 minutes and its worth it)

Spotter Bay Wall (also called Turtle Pass by the operators I think). Best done as a shore dive from Spotter Bay right on the NE tip of the Island.

"Big Billy's Meat Pie" at the end of July. It's a special anchor drop that we do on the North wall. I could tell you where it is but then I would have to kill you all!

New site just past the rum point cut towards rum point.... Ocean frontier calls it reggie rum running reef or something like that... not sure what the doe calls it but to me, its as good as babylon if not better.... really similar too.... the mooring is in a very dead spot and you need to swim out to the wall (roughly 3 minutes and its worth it)

Really Jeremy? I love Babylon and would love a new spot like it.... is the entry as rough as babylon? and is there any landmark or anything you could give me to know Im there? thanks bro!! hope the sail is treating you well

it is the buoy just before the rum put if you come from rum point. easy entry but the mooring is in a very bad location so you need to swim to the wall which takes about 3 or 4 minutes.. no landmark... it could be white stroke Canyon if it is a new site.. never heard of white stroke canyon before so i am not sure of the name.. thats what i get on divecayman.ky

it is the buoy just before the rum put if you come from rum point. easy entry but the mooring is in a very bad location so you need to swim to the wall which takes about 3 or 4 minutes.. no landmark... it could be white stroke Canyon if it is a new site.. never heard of white stroke canyon before so i am not sure of the name.. thats what i get on divecayman.ky

The first marker to the east when you exit the Rum Point channel is White Stroke Canyon.

---------- Post added ----------

Do you get problems with currents in that area?

Very often - they contribute to making it such a good site.

Well it is not White stroke canyon.... buoy is on the shallow part and it is a new one.... will try to find out tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom