You have GOT TO BE KIDDING!- New Aqualung BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara:
Most of this stuff seems designed just as gimmicks to appeal to the impulse spending habits of folks who aren't real knowledgeable or very skilled divers.
It's pretty much the same in kitchen gear. I don't know how many gadgets Mom has sitting in pieces in her cabinets (like that plunger-chopper device that is about as useless at chopping as a spoon... but it might work as a potato masher).

The more skilled I became in the kitchen, the less appealing gadgets became. Now, I see most "consumer" products and sigh. Of course, I then look at the "tech cooking" items (like *immersion circulators*) and drool.

Of course, it's a lot more difficult to kill yourself in the kitchen... well, unless you bought one of those stupid-cheap "turkey frying kits" and actually considered using it indoors (out outside for that matter... some of those things must have been designed by Alcohaida or whatever those terrorble people are today). Anyway...

(Hmm... BP/W or immersion circulator... BP/W or immersion circulator... BP/W or immersion circulator...)

fire_diver:
Niether Aqua Lung, nor thier French parent Aire Liquide will comment to us. They are about money. They don't give a rat's booty about us who use thier products. They don't even care about thier dealers.

Comrade Stroke - FD

I don't think poor customer relations and a callous attitude is what made AquaLung an industry leader?

You might take a second look at your tea leaves.

First, Thanks to Comrade Diver for the welcome. Looking forward to respectful sharing of ideas, opinions and experience to make all of us happier on our water planet.

Second, the camera reference, and food reference are just that, examples of other things, not comments on safety diet. All of us could comfortably research and supply details ad nauseum on merits of one idea over another...how many would read them though?

I wonder what SB folks would have said about Mare's offering? History is rich with what E & J wanted to do, and since there was no SB then, it was worse than what many are derailing comments are now, since they lacked the education and experience we here at SB pocess...

Spirited dialogue aside, to use this BC or not use this BC is still up to the diver. It's a piece of gear, not THE piece of gear. Last time I dove, I checked on the most important piece of gear I have, my brain. Same for all who go diving. No amount of posturing by any about the most appropriate, important, safe piece of gear to use will change that. If I, you, any are OK with our comfort zone, so be it, if not, don't use it.

Again, thanks for the welcome, looking forward to more sharing in the spirit of making our future on the water great for us all!

Hoa!

Humble older aquaman:
..., and since there was no SB then, it was worse than what many are derailing comments are now, since they lacked the education and experience we here at SB pocess...

Now that's humor - I would guess that 80% of posters here barely have a high school education, thank God for that other 20%...

Don Janni:
I don't think poor customer relations and a callous attitude is what made AquaLung an industry leader?

You might take a second look at your tea leaves.

A great product MADE them a leader. That was then. This is now. Poor customer relations and callous attitudes is what will be thier downfall.

Comrade Stroke - FD

daniel f aleman:
Now that's humor - I would guess that 80% of posters here barely have a high school education, thank God for that other 20%...

Just because the shoe fts you, don't force it onto our feet.

Comrade Stroke - FD

fire_diver:
A great product MADE them a leader. That was then. This is now. Poor customer relations and callous attitudes is what will be thier downfall.

Comrade Stroke - FD

Okay. I didn't realize you knew them then just as you know them now. Cool.

We see the same thing in all industries. Somebody makes something different and claims it's better. only time will tell with this. I personally prefer my corrugated hose. one thing is sure tho, their descriptions and demos show a total lack of understanding of elementary physics.

fire_diver:
Happiness and Luck to you Comrade!
Promotion after much joyful dive with our Dear Leader! Our Dear Leader impressed much very by kicking of bicylce swimming.

Comrade Stroke - FD
:rofl3:
You and H2ANDY cracked me up.

Back
Top Bottom