You guys are a bad influence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like a terrific and economical option but my first question is do they have air-conditioning throughout the apartment? This may not be important to @Chidiver1 and others but it is important to me and I noticed the standing fan in one of the Trip Advisor photos. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to ambient comfort - especially since they are not located on the water, so they won't get the sea breezes. It says that they have air-conditioning on their web site but I know that some places in Bonaire only have AC in the bedrooms.
That's a great question Kathy and glad you brought it up. You are very much correct that many places only have A/C in bedrooms in Bonaire. That is something that everyone should take into consideration and inquire about if it is a deal breaker.

It looks like a terrific and economical option but my first question is do they have air-conditioning throughout the apartment? This may not be important to @Chidiver1 and others but it is important to me and I noticed the standing fan in one of the Trip Advisor photos. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to ambient comfort - especially since they are not located on the water, so they won't get the sea breezes. It says that they have air-conditioning on their web site but I know that some places in Bonaire only have AC in the bedrooms.

I'd book a trip to the "Sand Dollar" on Bonaire. Check their website-its for divers.

I've been here everyday since I created my profile, sometimes more than once a day. I'm now having the itch for another trip which isn't good for my pocket.

I already did two weeks diving in Barbados in March.

Because of this place now I'm considering another place in July or August.

Where are the best places to go during these two months that are relatively inexpensive?

I usually only travel during the colder months here. Ideas?

And I hate you all. Lol:facepalm:

How did you enjoy Barbados? I am thinking of a trip there soon. Wondering if it's worth it. Any help would be appreciated.

If you want a different dive and affordable...I recommend Beaufort NC. It was great. They key is get on Captains Lady for the three tank dive with Leroy. I stayed in an AirBnb.

Philippines!!!

Really, you can get here for less than $600 round trip if booked in advance, and the diving is amazing for the price. You can be as cheap as $100(or less) per night including unlimited shore dives, or up to $300 per night NOT including any dives... The range is amazing, but something to fit any budget!

Wow, $600 round trip?!? That's a lot less expensive than I would have guessed! Wish I were more of a planner versus a "book a trip at the last-minute and go" type of traveler...I just priced Florida > Manilla round trip and it was about $1,600, but that's for leaving in the next two weeks.

Wow, $600 round trip?!? That's a lot less expensive than I would have guessed! Wish I were more of a planner versus a "book a trip at the last-minute and go" type of traveler...I just priced Florida > Manilla round trip and it was about $1,600, but that's for leaving in the next two weeks.

Use ITA Matrix and search using a few local airports from you in Florida. Generally, if you use a hub, it is much cheaper. Use the open search function by stipulating a window of time and tell it a range of days you want to go for, e.g.: I want to look at a 1 month window starting August 8 (to September 8) and I am open to going for at least 10 nights up to 15 nights...search using "10-15" under the nights/days option. Include a few airport codes that are close to you...It will spit out some options on a calendar. Hover over the dates and it will pop up how much it is round trip based on how many nights you stay and which day you leave. Once you find the combo you want, click it, and it will take you to the airline and pricing options along with number of stops. Find what you like then book direct. That allows you to plan your trip and capture the best pricing that works for you. I always get my tickets to SE Asia this way, and for the dates that I need - not something that no one else wants.

Good luck and please let me know if you have any Q's! :)

Use ITA Matrix and search using a few local airports from you in Florida. Generally, if you use a hub, it is much cheaper. Use the open search function by stipulating a window of time and tell it a range of days you want to go for, e.g.: I want to look at a 1 month window starting August 8 (to September 8) and I am open to going for at least 10 nights up to 15 nights...search using "10-15" under the nights/days option. Include a few airport codes that are close to you...It will spit out some options on a calendar. Hover over the dates and it will pop up how much it is round trip based on how many nights you stay and which day you leave. Once you find the combo you want, click it, and it will take you to the airline and pricing options along with number of stops. Find what you like then book direct. That allows you to plan your trip and capture the best pricing that works for you. I always get my tickets to SE Asia this way, and for the dates that I need - not something that no one else wants.

Good luck and please let me know if you have any Q's! :)

Does it work the same on the mobile search version as far as the hover feature?

It doesn't work nearly as well. It is much more cumbersome to browse on mobile than it is on a computer. You end up having to go back and reload because of it. I don't recommend it.

:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom