You Florida people got it made...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey...

I'll be diving Lauderdale by the Sea with a small class on Sat & Sun. We'll be staying at Beach Apartment Hotel on EL Mar

deepstops:
I work from home a few days a week and commute from the western edge of Weston to my office next to Tamiami Airport on the other days. It's 42 miles each way, I drive it in 40-45 minutes. I take US27 and Krome Ave. If I took the Turnpike everyday, I'd lose another 40 minutes of my day along with $3.....

I like to make phone calls to take up the ride time.

Wow, I thought my commute was bad... Pines to Doral every day 19 miles each way.
I get in at 7am so it's only 25 minutes.

A few years back when we got hit with all the hurricanes I seriously considered moving to ATL where my sister lives, but a good friend of mine said something that changed my mind. He said, "Putting shutters up is a small price to pay for living in paradise! And there's always accordion shutters"

He said this and he doesn't even dive:D
Come on down, the pool is open!
Wys.

Project!

With this talent we should make.....A Treasure MAP!!! With Moonie at the end holding a bottle of Rum at the Ledges during the Lemon run!
:D

And there are those already thinking!!!

emcbride81:
How far up the coast does that shore reef at Lauderdale by the Sea go?

At least up to Pompano (I've never beach dived north of Pompano) and all the way down to at least south Hollywood beach (ditto south of Hollywood Beach).

emcbride81:
How far up the coast does that shore reef at Lauderdale by the Sea go?
There are near shore patch reefs all the way up to Hillsboro Inlet. In some areas it is more pronounced than others. If you swim North on the reef starting at LBTS it may appear to eventually fizzle out...but if you were to swim East for a few minutes you would encounter another one and then you could follow that one North. Then that one would eventually end and you could then swim E or W you would find another stretch to follow. In some areas there are several stretches of this near shore reef that run North and South with sand in between them. It is really just a bunch of patch reefs that parallel each other running North and South. We call it the First Reef System.

If you are asking so that you can do beach dives then, while in Broward, I would stay South of SE 2nd Street in Pompano.

Ok, this is another reason why I want to move down there...I dont see this in Northern VA! This what we saw every night behind our house.

sunset5.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom