You aren't missing much....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another sad goodbye for the dive industry. Lobster Pot Dive Center is shutting. The wonderful ops that used the shop and dock have to find a new home. Wish them all the best of luck. Have to say the diving here is really phenomenal right now. The marine environment is enjoying the break from boat/ship traffic and limited number of divers.
So true we noticed the same here in the keys. Especially when they closed the entrance.

So true we noticed the same here in the keys. Especially when they closed the entrance.

Once they opened the highway into the Keys to non-residents/property owners, the pent up demand, especially from south Floridians, caused an incredible influx. There were more boats on the water than I have ever seen. These people on land showed little concern for the pandemic and positive covid rates skyrocketed. During the closure, it was nice to see the few corals that we have left get a break.

Once they opened the highway into the Keys to non-residents/property owners, the pent up demand, especially from south Floridians, caused an incredible influx. There were more boats on the water than I have ever seen. These people on land showed little concern for the pandemic and positive covid rates skyrocketed. During the closure, it was nice to see the few corals that we have left get a break.
Be honest with you, if you review my trip reports most of the time we were by ourselves

I don't read reports, but if that is the case, I am truly happy for you. Do you spend much time in the keys? My local diving and fishing are constrained only by the weather.

I don't read reports, but if that is the case, I am truly happy for you. Do you spend much time in the keys? My local diving and fishing are constrained only by the weather.
Yes I live and have a boat in the upper keys for the last 15 years
When wx is nice we are out on the shallow reefs

Late reply again.

We flew Miami to Cayman Brac.

Then over to Little on the Otter. Eight of us.

Yes, on the water. Quarantine was not a big deal. You could go to the limits of the property, just not in the water.

We brought food and ordered ahead to get fresh food from Fosters.

I would do it again , no issues.

Still here.

Diving is very different after earthquake and storms.

Lots of Reef Sharks. Nine on last three dives. Coming up close to divers.

None of the macro stuff is around. 30+ dives in and not a spotted drum thus far.

The island is a ghost town.

Beach Resort has zero guests. Only open for locals on the weekend.

Eleven people have come here since quarantine rules started. Staycationers only.

December 26 to January 3 has a good bit of staycationers. All gone now. No tourists on island.

The most on the boat has been seven so far.

One day, just two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom