You aren't missing much....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's hard! The business owners, staff, and residents are all really in a tough situation. Have you at least been able to shore dive the west side?

On the bright side, it was 29 F this morning here in the midwestern US so at least you are in a warm, beautiful place!

But I can't believe our luck! Last Saturday we returned from 2 weeks on St. Croix and we had perfect weather the entire time. There were high winds on the north side so unfortunately we couldn't dive Cane Bay Wall, but the west side was so calm it was like a lake and we got some great dives. I heard that they received heavy rains, winds, and flash flooding right after we left - but we missed it all - we were very lucky.

The USVI reopened in late September and they are requiring a negative covid test, taken within 5 days of travel, for admittance. They are also enforcing mask requirements. I hope that Cayman can also implement safe protocols that will bring back the tourism industry soon - and I also hope that this terrible tropical storm season finally dies down!

I would love to go back to Cayman in spring or summer but we'll have to see.

Good luck to us all!

Hey Kathy,

I agree with getting back to the Caymans, Little Cayman being my favorite. We have some rooms booked for September 4-11, 2021 and are offering FREE nitrox and FREE afternoon dives in the package. Little Cayman Beach Resort.

Liquid Diving Adventures | Little Cayman Beach Resort - Sept 4-11, 2021 - Scuba Dive Adventure

Cheers, Greg

We are a part of a small group that will hopefully be returning to Little Cayman on Friday, November 20 to self quarantine on Little Cayman. The first group allowed to self quarantine on Little Cayman. Repatriation flights from Miami to Cayman Brac and then on to Little Cayman are scheduled on November 20 and December 4. I understand both flights are fully booked.

I say hopefully returning, because the final approval to travel has not been issued yet. Property inspections occurred yesterday.

Hopefully all that is left is for the information to get through to Travel Cayman.

As is the case with the weather being too rough to dive, it is too rough for the barge to get over to Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.

We have placed a food order to be sent over from Grand Cayman on the Otter tomorrow.

It will be interesting to self quarantine, but it will be worth the wait.

If you have any questions or want any updates or information about the process, please let me know.

I’m a big Cayman fan and wonder what the treatment plan is if someone in your group turns positive during quarantine on Little Cayman?

We are a part of a small group that will hopefully be returning to Little Cayman on Friday, November 20 to self quarantine on Little Cayman. The first group allowed to self quarantine on Little Cayman. Repatriation flights from Miami to Cayman Brac and then on to Little Cayman are scheduled on November 20 and December 4. I understand both flights are fully booked.

I say hopefully returning, because the final approval to travel has not been issued yet. Property inspections occurred yesterday.

Hopefully all that is left is for the information to get through to Travel Cayman.

As is the case with the weather being too rough to dive, it is too rough for the barge to get over to Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.

We have placed a food order to be sent over from Grand Cayman on the Otter tomorrow.

If you have any questions or want any updates or information about the process, please let me know.

Ugh today is the 17th , your suppose to fly on the 20th and still don't have approval? I thought they had resolved that issue and folks were getting approval earlier in the game??

I’m a big Cayman fan and wonder what the treatment plan is if someone in your group turns positive during quarantine on Little Cayman?

Before recently deciding to travel to St. Croix USVI, I called the small island hospital to confirm that they would accept our Medicare Part A and Part B coverage (they do!) and to ask about the care procedure if either of us were to get sick with Covid - or other serious illness - while on the island.

They told me that they would give us emergency care, stabilize our condition, and then transfer us to a hospital in Miami; that sounded okay to me.

I'm guessing that the Cayman Sister Islands would also try to give you emergency care, send you to a hospital on Grand Cayman to get you stabilized, and then transfer you to a hospital in Florida - but I don't know that for certain. It would probably be worth investigating before traveling to Cayman - or any other distant location.

I hope that you get approval to travel; please keep us informed. I'm guessing that you are a property owner on Little Cayman, correct?

Well.....

We got approval all the way up to the final flight to Little Cayman from Cayman Brac.

That flight was full by the time they processed our request.

I am working on creating some solution to getting to Little Cyman.

Hanging from the top of a building by my fingernails. Not looking good.

Ugh.. fingers & toes crossed for you!

Well.....

We got approval all the way up to the final flight to Little Cayman from Cayman Brac.

That flight was full by the time they processed our request.

I am working on creating some solution to getting to Little Cyman.

Hanging from the top of a building by my fingernails. Not looking good.

Last time we went to Little Cayman the flight was diverted to Brac because of mechanical problems. At first Cayman Airways was stubbornly insisting that no action could be taken until a mechanic came over from GC to assess the situation, but they changed their tune when the passengers (including us) staged a revolt.

I contacted Clearly Cayman while another passenger contacted Reef Divers on Little Cayman with appeals for help and they responded quickly. I got the feeling that they've done this before.

Clearly Cayman on CB agreed to send vans to take passengers and luggage to their dock at CBBR and Reef Divers at LCBR agreed to bring a boat over to pick us up.

There were other stranded individuals from our flight that were not LCBR guests and they were also stuck on Brac and wanted to get over to LC, and they started asking for passage on the Reef Divers boat. At that point the Cayman Airways Rep gave in and contacted Reef Divers to charter their boat to transport any individuals stuck on LC and trying to get back to GC - and to take our plane load back over to LC. It all worked out fine.

I am telling this story because Cayman Airways should be willing to charter a boat to transport individuals and luggage for the last stage of the trip if they can't accommodate you by plane.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom