You absolutely HAVE to see "Shark Water" AMAZING MOVIE... A MUST SEE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I, too, thought the movie was very well done. Unfortunately, when I saw it last weekend there were not that many people in the theater and the ones there were divers who probably already knew about the plight of sharks. I would make a plea to get your non-diving family and friends to see the movie. Maybe that way there can be a groundswell of support to stop shark finning. It's going to take a lot to change the non-diving public's opinions about sharks. The "Jaws" mentality is truly alive and well.

I went to see it the day it opened.There were only 2 other people in the threater with me. On the plus side, they did not appear to be divers. The goal for us should be to get the non-diving public to see the movie. With that in mind, I intend to go see the movie again...& take some of my non-diving friends with me.

Saw it on Satruday. Good movie. There was 4 folks in the theater. Me (scuba diver) and family of 3 (mom and dad taking kid to the movie for 'extra credit' assigment for school).

Christian and I saw it on sunday. Deep stuff. Very well done, though. It made me love the sea more than I already do now.

I haven't even heard about this movie before reading this thread, and now I can't wait to see it! New York is the closest its coming to me, so I'll have to wait for the DVD.

Laura and I saw it yesterday in La Jolla with one of our dive friends. There were 18 people in the theater; two were children under 8.

It was a very powerful film.

The one comment that I disagree with, though, was the one about the fact that we are doing serious damage and we all know it. While there are SOME who know about the affect of our actions, I would hazard that the MAJORITY of those in the world do NOT know or understand what will happen when the shark population gets to the point where it can no longer sustain itself.

The VP for the shark product company is a perfect example of my point.

Ian

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom