You absolutely HAVE to see "Shark Water" AMAZING MOVIE... A MUST SEE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly enough there were only four other people in the theater when we saw it this weekend. On a Saturday night when theaters are usually crowded. It's good to get the word out.

I had the pleasure of seeing it here in Savannah at our Ocean Film Festival and got to talk at length to Rob Stewart. What an incredible man. If everyone put even 1% of the effort he has for the effort to save our sharks and our oceans, this could be a different world we live in. From those that have seen the movie, you can see that it takes such a small effort from a small group of people to enact change. I highly recommend that people support agencies that are non-profit that go to great lengths to protect our planet. Support, join, contribute, volunteer, and help spread the word. It's not a PETA thing, but as Paul Watson says, sometimes you have to be radical to get the job done.
SHARKWATER - In US theaters this fall and Now playing in Canadian theatres
Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
http://www.sharkalliance.org/
Shark Research Institute- shark conservation, education, research
Oceana – Protecting the World’s Oceans: International Protection and Restoration

Protecting my beloved sharks!
Carolyn:sharks:

...Like one guy trying to beat a hook out of a sea turtles mouth with what looks like a small bat, gets frustrated and sticks his finger in the poor things eye, you almost hear the thing cry as it opens it's mouth wide.

:dropmouth where is PETA's website.... :evil3: I'll be a blithering idiot if I see that... but I gotta go.

I can't say that I agree with PETA at all.... terrorism is not my thing.

The activists in the movie were actually working, or trying to work, at the behest of governments, not just randomly taking the law in their own hands

i have been waiting to watch it for months. it launched in canada a while ago. the slow roll-out to the US is cruel in itself. lucky floridians!

We went to see this last Saturday evening at the 7:30 showing and sadly there were only 2 other people in the theater with us. Very good documentary. You have to admire the guys determination to help.

Yes, it is hard to watch but it isn't nonstop animal torture.

Sometimes a graphic presentation is the best way to learn.

It certainly was a heartbreak, but the word must get out.

My friend and I saw this movie last weekend. He and I were the only ones in the theater, which is unfortunate, because it is a beautiful movie. As for the shark as maneater mentality, I was talking about the movie at work and several of my co-workers were basically like the only good shark is a dead shark and didn't believe me when I said that more people get killed by a soda machine falling over than being killed by a shark-sad. I will be going to Costa Rica in December and cannot wait to dive at Cocos Island.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom