Yonaguni

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taipeidiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am really, really keen to dive at Yonaguni.

If anybody has advice on the best way to do this, can recommend a tour operator or, even better, is planning on running a trip, and doesn't mind a paying stowaway, then I would be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Taipeidiver

We have tours running there on a regular basis, when are you looking at going? How is your Japanese?

japan-diver:
We have tours running there on a regular basis, when are you looking at going? How is your Japanese?

Thanks for the response.

In spite of the fact that I work for mainly Japanese clients, my Japanese is extremely basic.

I can go pretty much anytime, but would prefer to go during either of the manta or hammerhead seasons which I have been hearing about. I live in Taipei, so getting to Japan is not much of a problem, there are even direct flights to Okinawa from here.

Thanks,

Taipeidiver

Taipeidiver:
Thanks for the response.

In spite of the fact that I work for mainly Japanese clients, my Japanese is extremely basic.

I can go pretty much anytime, but would prefer to go during either of the manta or hammerhead seasons which I have been hearing about. I live in Taipei, so getting to Japan is not much of a problem, there are even direct flights to Okinawa from here.

Thanks,

Taipeidiver[/QUOTE
Hammerhead season is Jan-Feb timeframe and we have a number of trips in the planning stages right now. The majority of them will have English-speaking guides on them also. We should have final dates and thing soon.

Thanks for the info, please keep me posted as I would really like to join one of your trips.

Cheers,

Taipeidiver

Taipeidiver:
Thanks for the info, please keep me posted as I would really like to join one of your trips.

Cheers,

Taipeidiver

hi taipeidiver,

i have been in yonaguni twice, once in january and once in september. charm of the island includes hammerheads, underwater ruins, and beautiful wavy sandy bottom. you can enjoy the former two in winter season, whereas the latter one in summer. graham hancock, who wrote "fingerprints of the gods", and the late jacques mayol were fascinated by the ruins. you may decide what to see first and then make up your mind when to go.

if you live in taipei, i strongly recommend a boat trip to yonaguni 'cause it's quite close and you do not need to worry about DCI.

ken chung ar

Back
Top Bottom