Yoke to DIN converter APEKS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chachee99

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at purchasing a new regulator. I found a great deal on an Apeks XTX200 reg, but it has a yoke instead of a DIN. I am fine purchasing a yoke model, but I am curious if you can covert the reg to a DIN with an attachment or will I have to purchase a new first stage to support a DIN valve?

I am looking at purchasing a new regulator. I found a great deal on an Apeks XTX200 reg, but it has a yoke instead of a DIN. I am fine purchasing a yoke model, but I am curious if you can covert the reg to a DIN with an attachment or will I have to purchase a new first stage to support a DIN valve?

The A-clamp adapters make your reg stick out from the tank.

Check item 350129644560 currently on Ebay that will truly convert your reg to DIN (and you'll always be able to switch it back to yoke with just an allen wrench).

eff9_35.JPG

I found a great deal on an Apeks XTX200 reg, but it has a yoke instead of a DIN. I am fine purchasing a yoke model, but I am curious if you can covert the reg to a DIN with an attachment or will I have to purchase a new first stage to support a DIN valve?
You do not need to purchasae a new first stage. You can purchase a kit to convert the first stage from yoke to DIN. It is not terribly expensive (or difficult to install), although I won't quote prices simply because your location may influence the actual cost.

Check item 350129644560 currently on Ebay that will truly convert your reg to DIN (and you'll always be able to switch it back to yoke with just an allen wrench)

You'll also need a 17mm ring spanner for the yoke fitting, but yes it's easy to do - I use the same rig. I paid less than US$50 for a new yoke assembly (I bought a DIN reg)

Leisure Pro has OEM Apeks kits to switch it to DIN. I have a couple that were done that way. Then for warm water diving we switch one back to yoke.

Eh? Just use DIN tanks

And how many warm water destinations in the world have DIN? Probably 100 yoke for every DIN tank. Gotta use what you can get. Sounds like the Aussie's are far ahead with having DIN tanks available. Hopefully some day all tanks will be DIN...

I'm surprised to hear that - I wasn't sure what the connection was between warm water and yoke

I hardly ever dive in Australia - may you find more DIN tanks in future :)

Leisure Pro has OEM Apeks kits to switch it to DIN. I have a couple that were done that way. Then for warm water diving we switch one back to yoke.

why switch back?

just use a screw on DIN to Yoke adapater. these cost $35 bucks or so. Anyone in the US that has a DIN reg should have one in their bag in case they need to use a Yoke tank.

why switch back?

just use a screw on DIN to Yoke adapater. these cost $35 bucks or so. Anyone in the US that has a DIN reg should have one in their bag in case they need to use a Yoke tank.

We do keep din to yoke adapters in our save a dive kit, so if for some reason we need to rent tanks local. Why have the thing poking you in the back of the head though, when it takes less than 2 minutes to change them over?

Back
Top Bottom