Yoke to DIN converter APEKS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased the yoke XTX200 and then went down to the LDS and purchased the chrome polished DIN kit; it was $69 bucks for the part and free installation.

I sat and watched as they removed the yoke and placed on the Apeks DIN kit; he did it in less than 10 minutes.

I walked out with a Din XTX200 and the parts to my old yoke...

MG

I'll trade a DIN fitting for Apeks for a Yoke fitting. (I have three I'd trade for yokes).

I bought a Yoke to DIN conversion kit from LP and don't know how to mechanically switch them. Can some one explain the process. It must be very simple! :) I am just not smart enough to figure it out.

Thanks

I bought a Yoke to DIN conversion kit from LP and don't know how to mechanically switch them. Can some one explain the process. It must be very simple! :) I am just not smart enough to figure it out.

Thanks

Can you post a pic. of the item you got.

And how many warm water destinations in the world have DIN? Probably 100 yoke for every DIN tank. Gotta use what you can get. Sounds like the Aussie's are far ahead with having DIN tanks available. Hopefully some day all tanks will be DIN...
In Sharm El Sheikh all the tanks ive seen is din with yoke inserts thats removed in 20 seconds with an allen wrench.
In Cancun and Cozumel it was no problem getting DIN tanks if you let the shop know before you left for the boat that you needed DIN tanks and they also carried adapters (which isnt as much of a hassle as people claim them to be imo) and I actually suspect that to be how it works most plases that generally work with yoke..

Unscrew the yoke screw fully and remove the dust cap
Using a 3/4 inch box wrench, unscrew the nut (yoke connector) that holds the yoke into the reg body

Keep the conical filter that is inside the yoke connector. You'll need to put it in the DIN connector.

Install a new o-ring into the face of the DIN connector (the face end has a hex shaped hole in it and the o-ring may already be new)

Insert the conical end of the filter into the threaded end of the DIN connector
Install a new lightly lubricated o-ring into the end (threaded end) of the DIN connector around the filter

Insert the DIN connector through the hand wheel so that the face (end with the hex hole) is on the threaded side of the handwheel.

Holding the reg body with the inlet hold down, insert the threaded part of the DIN connector up into the reg body (so that the filter doesn't fall out) and tighten finger tight

(At this point, the pros mount the reg body to (not in) a vice using a reg servicing tool. I wouldn't recommend clamping the reg body itself into a vice because it's made of brass and will deform easily. You can pretty much do the same by holding it firmly in your hand)

Use a 6mm hex key to tighten the DIN connector. It's supposed to be tightened to 12 foot pounds, with a torque wrench. That is NOT very tight. Be cautious as the body of the reg is made of brass and the threads will strip easily.

If ANY of this sounds a little beyond you, then take your reg to a shop and have them do it. I can't see them charging you more than a few bucks, if at all.

If you do a little web searching, you can find pdf copies of the ATX 200 first stage maintenance manual. It's pretty typical of most of the Apeks first stages.

BTW, I'm not a reg tech. Someone helped me to do this a few years ago and I'm just returning the favor.

And how many warm water destinations in the world have DIN? Probably 100 yoke for every DIN tank. Gotta use what you can get. Sounds like the Aussie's are far ahead with having DIN tanks available. Hopefully some day all tanks will be DIN...

Oddly, any tank I've rented in the Key's or the Caribbean had the valves that were yoke, but you can take the plug out and they become a 200bar DIN. I carry an allen wrench just for this purpose so I don't have you put the converter on my DIN reg.

Yeah, zombie thread, but:

Would this process change at all for Nitrox use?

Unscrew the yoke screw fully and remove the dust cap
Using a 3/4 inch box wrench, unscrew the nut (yoke connector) that holds the yoke into the reg body

Keep the conical filter that is inside the yoke connector. You'll need to put it in the DIN connector.

Install a new o-ring into the face of the DIN connector (the face end has a hex shaped hole in it and the o-ring may already be new)

Insert the conical end of the filter into the threaded end of the DIN connector
Install a new lightly lubricated o-ring into the end (threaded end) of the DIN connector around the filter

Insert the DIN connector through the hand wheel so that the face (end with the hex hole) is on the threaded side of the handwheel.

Holding the reg body with the inlet hold down, insert the threaded part of the DIN connector up into the reg body (so that the filter doesn't fall out) and tighten finger tight

(At this point, the pros mount the reg body to (not in) a vice using a reg servicing tool. I wouldn't recommend clamping the reg body itself into a vice because it's made of brass and will deform easily. You can pretty much do the same by holding it firmly in your hand)

Use a 6mm hex key to tighten the DIN connector. It's supposed to be tightened to 12 foot pounds, with a torque wrench. That is NOT very tight. Be cautious as the body of the reg is made of brass and the threads will strip easily.

If ANY of this sounds a little beyond you, then take your reg to a shop and have them do it. I can't see them charging you more than a few bucks, if at all.

If you do a little web searching, you can find pdf copies of the ATX 200 first stage maintenance manual. It's pretty typical of most of the Apeks first stages.

BTW, I'm not a reg tech. Someone helped me to do this a few years ago and I'm just returning the favor.

Yeah, zombie thread, but:

Would this process change at all for Nitrox use?
NO.
All Apeks O-rings(EPDM) and the Conical Filter(AP1472) are Nitrox compatible. The AP1406 filter(white disc) is NOT O2 compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom