Yoke To DIN Conversion Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought an Aqua Lung Titan reg set-up, and also picked up the DIN conversion kit. Sports Challet wanted to send it to their dive repair facility to change it out.

Anyone near the Covina area have any experiance, and wanna lend a hand?

Thanks.

I am not familiar with the AL Titan, but when I had my mares Abyss I was able to swap the yoke for the DIN with no problem. The Mares had a 1" retainer nut that needed to be removed to unscrew the yoke from the 1st stage. The DIN screwed on and I tightened with a hex key (don't remember the size).
It's soooo easy a mechanical engineer could do it! :wink:

Im pretty confident I can do it, I guess I was looking more for some assistance from someone that has done it. I used to have a Sherwood Oasis, and it was easy to switch, but this one says in the instructions to place an expended CO2 cart in one of the ports, and clamp that in a vise, and then remove the big nut.

It also says to tourque the DIN fitting to a recomended setting. Guess I need to take it to work and use a tourque wrench to finish it.

So I was able to remove the yoke fitting, only to discover that the DIN fitting was the incorrect one! Seems Sports Challet sold me the wrong part. So I guess I guess I will make a trip tomorrow to see if they can get me the correct one!

SoCalMike:
So I was able to remove the yoke fitting, only to discover that the DIN fitting was the incorrect one! Seems Sports Challet sold me the wrong part. So I guess I guess I will make a trip tomorrow to see if they can get me the correct one!
I guess that's what you get for going to Sport Chalet. :eyebrow:

SoCalMike:
...Guess I need to take it to work and use a tourque wrench to finish it.!
...Or, you could use your calibrated arm. :wink: (Sorry, bad Mechanical Engineer joke)

THelsley:
I guess that's what you get for going to Sport Chalet. :eyebrow:

...Or, you could use your calibrated arm. :wink: (Sorry, bad Mechanical Engineer joke)

Say what you will about Sports Challet, but here is what I got from them:

I bought my BC from them. When I first saw it in the store, it was on sale. I went back a week later, and the manager gave me the sale price which had ended 5 days earlier, saving me $125 on the BC alone. Today I went to figure out the DIN adapter problem, and it turns out I was sold the wrong one. The local store didnt have one, so I went to another location, and they discounted the price difference for the mistake.

So all in all, yeah, thats what I got by going to Sports Challet!

Back
Top Bottom