Yoke adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

syntaxerrorsix

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Quick question. Is there an o-ring that seats inside a yoke adapter when attached to the din fitting? My AL80's are yoke style and my new S130 is din. I dove the 130 today and left it at the LDS for a fill. When I re-attached my yoke to din to AL80 I appear to be having problems. My GUESS is that the o-ring (if there is one) remained stuck to the din when inserted into tank or it simply fell out and I managed not to notice it. However I can not determine anything at this point because I simply do not know if one was ever there :) any help would be great.

I suppose the din o-ring is done then, sheesh 3 dives on it :) Ran fine all day long as din, put the yoke on it and it leaks like no tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Just look....the oring on a DIN reg is on the face, parallel to the threads (roughly...). Easy to spot.

If it's there, check to make sure there's an oring on the tank.

If there is, then turn it on and drop it in some water to see exactly where it's leaking from. Turn it on first so you don't let water in to anything, then force it into your regs with that air... :)

Simplest solution: change all your tanks to DIN. :)

Pictures of what.

I have a DR2500ICE. I see no external o-ring anywhere. I have had the yoke on since I've owned it. Took it off first time to day and dove DIN. Re-attached the yoke so I could cap it off. Attached to AL80 for cleaning and it leaks.. No clue what to be looking for as I do not recall there ever being an external o-ring. So i'm looking for something I may have never seen.

Do it easy has it right. The yoke valve on the tank has an o-ring, which mates to flat metal on the yoke adapter. The DIN side of the adapter is flat metal as well (like a tank's DIN valve) and mates to the reg, which has an o-ring inside the screw-on part. So the yoke adapter is like a block of metal, and is sandwiched between the tank and the reg, which both have o-rings.

I do distinctly recall having my DIN o-ring "stick" to my yoke adapter on removal the first time I used it, and was very lucky to have spotted it sitting there in the adapter. So yeah, that can happen :/

Ok, found the recess for an o-ring on the face of the DIN it's gone. Thanks for the help, my guess it's embedded in my 130 at the shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom