YMCA Scuba Closing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So nice and polite.
Polite or not... :coffee:

Did you bother to do a :search:? Did you even read any of the posts in this thread?

Put "y-scuba" in the ScubaBoard Search text field (or Google "y-scuba site:scubaboard.com") and see what comes up. This was hashed and rehashed extensively a year ago.

Polite or not... :coffee:

Did you bother to do a ? Did you even read any of the posts in this thread?

Put "y-scuba" in the ScubaBoard Search text field (or Google "y-scuba site:scubaboard.com") and see what comes up. This was hashed and rehashed extensively a year ago.

And Walter's comment to me, just like yours, was just so necessary. What a self-important jerk. I can see there is no need to waste my time on a website filled with people like you. Buh bye.

Reefmonkey:
Walter's comment to me....... was just so necessary.

True. I should have refrained from posting. On the other hand, your post was also unnecessary.

This post is unnecessary too. Can I join the party, or am I too late?

In fairness, Reefmonkey was the first to post in this thread the quote from the Y. And that quote included the fact that the Y will continue to help with lost C-cards. So I thought his post useful.

And since he is new to the ‘board, it wouldn’t hurt to be gentle, saving slings and arrows for old guys like me.

Besides, if you think about it, all posts are unnecessary.

Sling away!

k

I beg to differ about all posts being unnecessary. I have taken a lot of knowledge away from this board, from Walter and others, that I would not have found otherwise.

Besides, I thought Walter's response was appropriate, and light-hearted. Apparently Reefmonkey has got a sensitive spot.

Thanks. It seems I'm often misunderstood. I appreciate it when someone gets it.

YMCA of the USA has discontinued the scuba certification program as of December 31, 2008.

YMCA of the USA has offered the scuba program for fifty years and it has touched the lives of many YMCA members and volunteers. We are proud to have had the opportunity to prepare and certify so many participants for safe and responsible diving.

Although the scuba program is closed, the lifetime scuba certification is still valid and YMCA of the USA will continue to assist those with fulfillment of a lost certification card from 1984 to the present. If you received your YMCA Scuba certification prior to 1984, you will need to retake the Scuba course or take a refresher course as fulfilling a lost card that was received prior to 1984 is no longer a service we offer. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom