Yet another this or that. VEO 250 or Vyper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased a Suunto Vyper 1 from DiveTank. Used less than 45 minutes (one dive) and comes with two extra shields, replacement battery, AND life time battery replacement.

This will be my first time ever using a computer, so hopefully it was a good choice. :)

Michael

EDIT: I'm also going to get the DSS boot. One-arm gotta play with pressing the back light button on the wrist or bolt snapped(bungeed/retracted) to a dring.

I dove a Suunto for a while (the Cobra) and FAR prefer the Oceanic. All of my class gear uses the Veo 250, which is the hands DOWN easiest computer in the world to operate.

Don't forget that if you console mount the VEO 250 you will need to be able to reach the second button on the side, most consoles won't accomodate this. I had to buy a swiv console but I like the VEO 250. If you intend to download your dives make sure you price the interface cables also. Cheapest oceanic cable is $ 75.

Back
Top Bottom