Yet another sinus question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the slow reply. I have had trouble equalizing while flying, so we agreed that I wouldn't attempt to dive until after the treatment had finished. While I'm no longer getting pain flying, I still have that aweful smell and the occasional stabbing pain in the forehead region.

The CT showed inflammation of the walls of something or other, and that my left sinus is quite small and narrow, but nothing serious. The doc has suggested that I try some very shallow dives as he feels the worst that could happen is pain, not serious damage. He has however prescribed me some Avamys and suggested I use it on the morning of, and again about an hour before diving.
He also suggested that the salt water rinsing from diving might help :)

The ENT stated that it might take several more months for it to completely clear up and that I could choose to be patient, or he could go in, drill it out, and that might help. So more waiting and trying to be good I guess.

The two new custom-cut TLS350's turned up yesterday so this waiting while watching the diving season rapidly slip away is killing me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom