Yet another long Cozumel trip report - 3/31 to 4/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James,

Next time you should consider staying in Puerto Morelos for your night-before-flight stop. Close to Cancun, but laid-back, kinda what PDC was 10 or so years ago.

yak:
Next time you should consider staying in Puerto Morelos for your night-before-flight stop. Close to Cancun, but laid-back, kinda what PDC was 10 or so years ago.
Thanks for the tip. I'll consider somthing like this if I wind up in a similar situation with an early flight. On this trip my flight was at 12:15 and I could have easily stayed in Coz and made it. Since I had never done the ferry/bus thing before I didn't want to do it the morning of, now that I have and seen how hassle free it is, I should have stayed :).

Great report. I've been going to mexico for ten years and have never gotten a good steak. Now I always order chicken or fish

Nice report James.
I'm going in 2 1/2 weeks. I picked my dinner restaurants, for 5 of my 7 nights and none of the ones I picked are ones you went to.
Do any of yours stand out so much..that I should add them on my last two nights?

Natasha:
Nice report James.
I'm going in 2 1/2 weeks. I picked my dinner restaurants, for 5 of my 7 nights and none of the ones I picked are ones you went to.
Do any of yours stand out so much..that I should add them on my last two nights?
Casa Denis is not on your list? I'd say it's a must do. It is my personal favorite and most people put it in their top 2. Try the Fish "Charlie", it's excellent.

La Morena was also very good and has a nice atmosphere.

I always wind up at La Choza because I love there Margaritas and the garlic sauce (it's there replacement for salsa). But the food there wouldn't make my top 10. You might want to throw them in for a lunch just to try the sauce which you can buy by the bottle.

James

Casa Denis??? Never heard of it????

James Goddard:
Are you serious or are you pulling my leg?

http://www.casadenis.com/

Nope wasn't pulling your leg. You taught me something today.
Looks like a fantastic place. No one has ever mentioned it before this..that I recall. And for 90 years..wow.. wild..
Where is it?

Natasha:
Nope wasn't pulling your leg. You taught me something today.
Looks like a fantastic place. No one has ever mentioned it before this..that I recall. And for 90 years..wow.. wild..
Where is it?
There is a little map at the bottom of the website but it's just off the plaza on the right in the little pedestrian area that turns into Calle 1 Sur. Number seven on this map:

http://www.cozumelonline.com/images/newdowntownmap.jpg

OK.. I'll check it out..maybe I was there a long time ago, and just forgot about it, and the name. I'll know when I go back.. and let you know. Thx!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom