Yet another long Cozumel trip report - 3/31 to 4/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha:
Nope wasn't pulling your leg. You taught me something today.
Looks like a fantastic place. No one has ever mentioned it before this..that I recall. And for 90 years..wow.. wild..
Where is it?

I know you've seen it. You know where the cluster of shops just south of the Palmeras restauarant is, right? As you walk away from the water from there along the south edge of the plaza, there are some restaurants on your right with tables out on the sidewalk. When you get to the corner where the bank is, the next place on your right (across from the ice cream stand) is Casa Denis. It's got tables on the sidewalk with a waist high rope surrounding them.

Excellent description ggunn.
Yes, I have been there. It has been a few years though. So many places..so little time.
Thanks!

"When you get to the corner where the bank is, the next place on your right (across from the ice cream stand) is Casa Denis. It's got tables on the sidewalk with a waist high rope surrounding them. "

I think it is the second place on the right. I always have to get past the guys in the street trying to pull me in for the first cafe and go past to the next one (Casa Denis).

My personal menu favorite is a tenderloin steak served Tampique style. I think it is less than $10.00us.

dnhill

dnhill:
"When you get to the corner where the bank is, the next place on your right (across from the ice cream stand) is Casa Denis. It's got tables on the sidewalk with a waist high rope surrounding them. "

I think it is the second place on the right. I always have to get past the guys in the street trying to pull me in for the first cafe and go past to the next one (Casa Denis).

You know, you may be right. I'll just have to run right down there and check... ;^)

29 days and counting!

ggunn:
You know, you may be right. I'll just have to run right down there and check... ;^)

29 days and counting!
Yes, it is the second place after the bank. And yest the guys at the first place will always hassle you.

James Goddard:
Yes, it is the second place after the bank. And yest the guys at the first place will always hassle you.

If memory serves, the "first" place is called Casablanca. Went there last trip on a Sunday - a lot of restaraunts were closed including Casa Denis.

I think I ate Ceviche every day I was there and Casablanca's was the best of the trip.

Natasha - Definitely try Casa Denis! My fave is the Mayan Pork Tacos

Back
Top Bottom