Yet again another undergarment question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J2 is much thinner than Xerotherm. Arctic is basically 2 layers of Xerotherm material put together. J2 is more like garden variety medium weight long johns (in its thickness). I have held J2 stuff, but I have not used it (yet).

J2 won't help you much. I love mine but it is a base layer for wicking moisture. Really not good for warmth. Though the wicking could help you some. Best bet is layer a xerotherm under your arctic(which is what I do) or get an arctic extreme.

One overlooked thing is the hood. My wife was getting cold while scootering. Her only change was to go from a 3 mm dui hood to an 8 mm santi. It was night and day. My 3mil dui is thin nowadays and I am starting to get cold because of it. I never used to believe that a hood made that much difference. Now I realize it matters as much as the undergarment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom