Yes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, I had a chance to dive back plate and hog for the first time. DAMMIT.

I’d like to leave it there but I can’t. What is the matter with me – could I not enjoy this first summer just hanging about the water, popping in and out??? And I am sure that timewise I did not even break the record from blissful ignorance to “Gee I gotta do something to make things happen this way.’ Right.

Argghhhh

Are we to assume that, like me, you have now decided to jettison all the gear you already own and begin anew?

TSandM:
Are we to assume that, like me, you have now decided to jettison all the gear you already own and begin anew?

I know you know what I mean. Well, there is the pain about the gear, and all the jealousy that goes on with not having any tech shops around to even go look at stuff. (Not to mention Bob-envy). And the anxiety about looking into maybe (just MAYBE) DIR-F come next spring.

Luckily, I started reading the board the week I had my check-outs, so because of that and partially because of ‘not fitting’ into local BC offerings I made a couple of gear choices that I do not need to make a 360 degrees with. I have a wing that will do at least :wink:

(Buddy is kicking her gear into the closet and cussing me, not the board, help!!!)

Well, it sounds like you are moving through territory familiar to a great many of us.

I was lucky in that when I decided that I wanted to pursue DIR that all of my old gear was already falling apart and needed to be replaced anyway. Actually, my old SeaTec Manta BC is still in good shape, but I got enough use out if it to make me feel like I didn't completely waste my money on it. I tried to sell it at a garage sale over the weekend, but no divers looking for a cheap BC drove by.

I'll finally be taking my DIR-F class with Michael Kane (MHK on this board) in December and I'm very excited about it.

I believe that Bob Sherwood is located in NY, so at least you have a GUE instructor local to your area.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Christian

Hey Christian, good to hear you're finally doing it! It's a great class!

Well, I empathize about the frustration of needing other/different gear. My husband is about to throw me out in the street for wanting to jettison the really perfectly good stuff we bought this summer.

The Bob-envy I can't do anything about. I'm just lucky, what can I say?

radinator:
Hey Christian, good to hear you're finally doing it! It's a great class!
Well, better late than never! :wink:

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom