Yes, Verizon does have Free Mexico Roaming plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With my husband and I spending so much time in South Africa this past year...

What cell service did you use in South Africa? (Voda, MTN and Cell C are actually worse than VZW, T and S, if you can believe that!).

BTW. My mom's house is right behind you in your profile picture!

Last edited:
We had a VODA phone and used Windows Live or a calling card to phone home. We just kept buying the minutes we needed and are saving the phone for the next time. It worked well for us. Jed spent 6 months and I got to visit for 5 weeks.
Your mother certainly has a great view to wake up to everyday! She must be very happy.

I just looked back at my bills the last year or so. I was on the North America Plan last year. When I changed phones and added some features I needed with my Blackberry, they eliminated my North American Plan without telling me, how sneaky.
Yeah, this one is Nationwide plus Mexico.
On the subject, do any Canadian carriers offer reasonable Mexico coverage yet?
If you don't get an answer here, you might try the Canadian forum...?

Yeah, this one is Nationwide plus Mexico.

If you don't get an answer here, you might try the Canadian forum...?

I read about the new plan Don, Verizon changed my old plan which was perfect and did not notify me. I did not pay attention and got only a nationwide plan. I do not believe the nationwide plus Mexico works the same way.

I read about the new plan Don, Verizon changed my old plan which was perfect and did not notify me. I did not pay attention and got only a nationwide plan. I do not believe the nationwide plus Mexico works the same way.
Yes, wireless company agents should give full disclosure on changes like that IMO, but I guess it's also up to the savy customer to ask enough questions to avoid undesired changes.

Not sure exactly what you mean by I do not believe the nationwide plus Mexico works the same way" so I'll hold off on answering until you explain. :wink:

I have a verizon storm (blackberry) and for about $5.00 per month I have international service. Not bad at all.

I have a verizon storm (blackberry) and for about $5.00 per month I have international service. Not bad at all.
You can call from US internationally free, or you can call from International locations to US free? Good for any country? Is that a plan or an add-on feature. Inquiring minds want to know...? :confused:

That just gives you international calling capabilities from outside the US - it is not an international rate plan - you'll still be charged international ratesif calling from US to a non-US number (except maybe Canada) and international roaming rates if outside the US - and it is an add-on. If you do not have that, then you will not even have the capability to make calls from outside the US TO the US.

I get an email everytime Verizon or I make a change to my account. You might want to check your profile email Verizon has on file. I found out that they changed my plan from the family choice that way, I called them and they reinstated the plan, I've been with Verizon/Alltel since 1996. I also do not get paper statements and get a $5/mo discount for that too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom