yes, it's another Breakwater report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tug

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I dove the Gloucester breakwater again, I like the site because it has good vis and the 3 minute drive from my house isn't to shabby either. We went in a low tide which is something I will never do again, way to shallow of a dive but it was a fun one. My computer wasn't showing depth half the time because I was under 5 feet and my average depth was probably somewhere around 6 feet. I think that I hit a max depth of 11 feet which means I have done deeper dives in a pool... The resident lumpfish was swimming around and we spent a good 5-8 minutes or so just watching him. The vis was around 20 feet and the temp about 44, or at least that's what it was every time I was glancing at my computer.

Last edited:
What breakwater? New England is a big place.

whoops, the Gloucester breakwater...

I'm up for giving it a shot sometime, but like you said it would have to be dead calm and a half hour or so before high tide so we can get in and out right around high tide. We dove about three quarters of the way down and walked back, started to get a little chilly after 40 minutes down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom