Yee Hah...dry at last!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats GP....... I know how you feel... mine came in last week. I was smelling it....better than New Car Smell!!

Aaron - I got the same suit - I had it in the pool Tuesday night, and I think my smile said it all! It really is a nice suit, at a decent price too....

SS

By the way, congrats on getting the drysuit! I've never heard a bad word about the DUI TLS350

The guy that is giving me drysuit lessons said the PADI drysuit course isn't really that great. He said it's more of an intro to drysuit diving and not a course of great substance.

Let me guess: "the guy" isn't a PADI Instructor or is a multi-agency Instructor who really only does PADI because people ask for it.

If he put half as much effort into TEACHING the course rather than bad mouthing it, it would be a real drysuit course.

Like ANY course, it's the INSTRUCTOR that makes it or breaks it.

~SubMariner~

SubMariner once bubbled...

Like ANY course, it's the INSTRUCTOR that makes it or breaks it.

~SubMariner~
Oh I agree with that. I have had three different instructors from three different shops and agencies (NAUI, PADI, and TDI). Some instructors were better than others but all were decent. I haven't personally met this guy that is giving my buddy and I the drysuit lessons yet but he seems like a nice guy and I believe is a PADI instructor. Anyway, enough on that.
Now...I know a few divers personally and have heard or read of several divers that tend to agree with what GearHead said. Personally, I have read the PADI drysuit course from my PADI Advanced book (Advenures In Diving Manual). There isn't much there Submariner. Honestly, what else is there besides the brief chapter in the book and a hands on demo in the pool of dealing with counter emergency techniques that you think I need before diving in my drysuit? Just curious, I'm not trying to start a flame war here I just am questioning what else there is because from what I see there isn't much. I think diving a lot and gaining experience is really where it lies. Taking a PADI course for $100 or whatever they charge for it just doesn't seem to me like it's going to make me any better of a drysuit diver than the route I plan to take. Just my 2 cents.:)

I have read the PADI drysuit course from my PADI Advanced book (Advenures In Diving Manual). There isn't much there Submariner. Honestly, what else is there besides the brief chapter in the book and a hands on demo in the pool of dealing with counter emergency techniques that you think I need before diving in my drysuit

A bit of clarification. The Adventures in Diving book is merely a cursory overview of various Specialties offered by PADI. It only gives you ONE dive in a Specialty that may actually require 3 or more dives to actually achieve. This is in addition to the academics and knowledge reviews.

And, in the case of the drysuit Specialty, the aforementioned is exclusive of the mandatory confined water session that particular Specialty requires.

Really, it's much more than "one brief chapter in the book and a hands on demo in the pool".

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom