Yamashiro wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On this trip I had a friend bring his Gates camera and housing which is suppose to berated to 150 meters. Again the camera had flooded on a 10-12 meter check out dive. It seems like every expedition we have problems with the electronics. Could it be we are taking them to deep??????

andibk

Thanks you for your email.
Electronic always got problem:shakehead
andibk:
On this trip I had a friend bring his Gates camera and housing which is suppose to berated to 150 meters.
hosing depth rating?
Again the camera had flooded on a 10-12 meter check out dive. It seems like every expedition we have problems with the electronics. Could it be we are taking them to deep??????

andibk

Congratulations on making the dive - ever since i first heard of the Yamashiro and Fuso I've wondered if anyone has found the wreaks - and its great to hear that someone has finally touched down on her. Hope you have many more sucessful dives.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Just reading the history of the battle I believe that there are around 6 larger battleships and whatever airplanes and such. I was there a few months ago and believe I was on top of the Fuso. This would be another wreck to do. If I remember right the Fuso was only in 160 meters. In the long range goal I would like to get on all of them in the next few years and document and film the wrecks.

andibk

Congratulations and welcome back. This is the sort of diving I hope to be qualified to do someday.

Welcome back and good luck with the chamber in Subic. The PCSSD needs to survey "ALL" of the chambers!! The lack of proper gear, training, etc is not an excuse for a country that gets 22% of all its tourist revenue from divers! What can we do to help?!?!?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom