Y'all made me do it!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquacat8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Because of YOU Scubaboard I made the big leap and moved from San Francisco to the Deep South with nothing but roll on luggage. I got shipwrecked in Savannah GA where I now live, but I recently drove my tiny Sportscar/Divemobile stuffed full of gear to Datura Ave in Lauderdale By The Sea and did the shore diving YOU told me about way back in 2008! Thank you thank you Scubaboard!

Parking was fine on weekdays, lots of quarters, get there early on weekends!

---------- Post added June 12th, 2014 at 06:33 PM ----------

I stayed at Castle By the Sea in an efficiency that was only 366 a week and the owner is diver friendly, set up a dunk tank for me by the pool next to a hose and outdoor shower! I had to drive the few blocks to Datura to dive but for Freediving I took to leaving my car at the motel and walking to the beach! The shallow shore dive is easy to Snorkle or free dive!

---------- Post added June 12th, 2014 at 06:41 PM ----------

It's a shore dive so viz is murkier in closer, you see smaller fish, baby nurse sharks in the holes... I loved it but I'm from California and I'm thrilled to see tropicals and not shiver!

parking is very limited & tight @ Datura or Hibiscus on the south side of the pier.... el mar park on the north side has lots of parking and still lots to see.

glad you had a great time..LBTS and Blue Heron Bridge are great dives and the price is right for us poor divers.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom