Yahooooo no calls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Way too many people to count got lucky last night just as the fireworks ended.

My wife and I were in my work rig watching the fireworks listening to the radio traffic. We were less than half a mile from the lake right alongside the river watching hundreds of boats going way toooo fast to be safe. The dam is still open which makes the river all that more dangerous but people just don’t catch a clue.

Every year we have a plane or two circling the area of the lake where the fireworks are held. My wife commented that they must be getting bored just going in small circles.

Well just as the fireworks were ending one of our Sgt.’s and team members reported an accident on the freeway. When he got up to it you could hear the panic in his voice. The plane we had been watching had come down in the wrong spot and a bit harder than planned. Good pilot, he put it down on the freeway and slid it up into the large grassy median missing everything but the guard rail which did a number on the prop. Four on board and NO INJURIES.

Sounds like they had a nasty boating accident to the north of us but at this point we didn’t have any calls at all…….. :D

Gary D.

Sounds like they had a nasty boating accident to the north of us but at this point we didn’t have any calls at all…….. :D

Gary D.

You talking about the one in BC? After the fireworks on a large lake there, a speed boat went head-on into a house boat filled with families. The speed boat ended up inside the main compartment of the house boat. One dead(the operator of the house boat) and a bunch of injuries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom