XXL Jets or Super Rockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbsaw:
Great.. Thanks for the info... I am going to my LDS today, and see what he has, I would like to get a look and the new version..

Ken, If you get a chance.. See what he will let those rockets go for?? but I want to check on the version II down in Essex today also.. You in for the Quarry tomorrow?? that is if I can get everything together, and my BP/W fits...

Thanks guys..

I have a message in to him. I know he will give you a great deal. Tomorrow depends how early. Sunday would be easier if it's open, but you probably have a game right?

Yea.. I am tapped out on Sunday..four games, anyway it looks like Dave and I are going to pop in to the quarry and watch JIMJAM flounder around in his rescue class, while checking me for leaks and watching me rocket to the surface....feet first... Let me know what you hear on those fins.. I willl probally take them.. I will have to jam my Jets on tomorrow...

cbsaw:
Yea.. I am tapped out on Sunday..four games, anyway it looks like Dave and I are going to pop in to the quarry and watch JIMJAM flounder around in his rescue class, while checking me for leaks and watching me rocket to the surface....feet first... Let me know what you hear on those fins.. I willl probally take them.. I will have to jam my Jets on tomorrow...

Sent you an email before I read this.

Sounds like you might have a pair of fins by now, but I just got a pair of the new Turtles from XS Scuba and they fit great over my 12 rockboots. They are the same as the old IDI design and I have been happy with them so far.

-Keith

fwiw - I had to switch to Turtles because my boots I wear with my DS are too small in the XXL Jets that I used with my wet boots (I know it's hard to believe) I'm using size 14 converse tennis shoes - they are a perfect fit in the Turtles, but really sloppy in the XXL jets... so you might want to consider turtles yourself too... if it helps here's the sizing chart I'm working on http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba

Aloha, Tim

P.S. the turtles are similar to jets, but not quite as stiff, which I miss...

Ditto on the Turtles. I bought the XXL jet fins first and they were WAY too big. Love them Turtle fins. You really should check out kidspot's comparison page, lots of great info. I wish I had before I bought my XXXXXXXL jet fins.

Looks like I may be getting a pretty good deal on a used pair of Super Rockets.. so good that I wont be able to say no... So if that deals falls through, I will definately check out the Turtles. I did have a buddy that tried them out with his size 10 Rock Boots, and he said they were way...way to big for him.. Mabye my small size 12 ( small compared to kidspot anyway) will fit better..

Kidspot, That is a great page you have put together there.. I wish I had seen that in the past.. There is alot of really great info in there..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom