XXL Jets or Super Rockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Sawallich

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This question has probally been asked and answered many times, but my search skills have really not come up with any good answers...

Just went dry and Rock Boots (size 12) well the XL Jets do not fit, not to my suprise with SP's weird sizing.. anyway. I do not want to switch from the Jets, but the XXL's scare me.. What are feelings beteween the XXL Jets vs the Super Rockets?? I love my Jets, but the thought of buying a utility trailer to travel with my new Super Size Value Meal Fins kind of turns me off, and is steering me towards the super rockets..

I dive the SuperRockets with size 11 Rock Boots and they fit perfectly. The SuperRockets II are even more comfortable (new model). I own both and very much prefer the II model.

The SuperRockets are pretty much sized right between the XL Jets and XXL Jets.

theskull

cbsaw:
This question has probally been asked and answered many times, but my search skills have really not come up with any good answers...

Just went dry and Rock Boots (size 12) well the XL Jets do not fit, not to my suprise with SP's weird sizing.. anyway. I do not want to switch from the Jets, but the XXL's scare me.. What are feelings beteween the XXL Jets vs the Super Rockets?? I love my Jets, but the thought of buying a utility trailer to travel with my new Super Size Value Meal Fins kind of turns me off, and is steering me towards the super rockets..

I think you know the answer to that.:D

theskull:
I dive the SuperRockets with size 11 Rock Boots and they fit perfectly. The SuperRockets II are even more comfortable (new model). I own both and very much prefer the II model.

The SuperRockets are pretty much sized right between the XL Jets and XXL Jets.

theskull

I didnt know there was a version II of the supers... What is the diffrence beteween the super rocket vs version II?? Anything noticable??

cbsaw:
Yea, but I am looking for an unbiased opinion:dot:

If you decide on the super rockets, keep in mind that know someone getting rid of a pair. Only used a few times.

cbsaw:
I didnt know there was a version II of the supers... What is the diffrence beteween the super rocket vs version II?? Anything noticable??

Very noticeable. The foot pocket in the new II version is deeper and extends out across the bottom of your foot for better leverage and less rubbing on the sides and top of the feet. Also it already has vent holes in the foot pocket so they don't suction onto your rock boots during the dive. I believe the rubber composition is a little different as well, the newer model is negatively buoyant, but not as much so as the original.

The blade is nearly identical, only slight cosmetic difference. I find no difference in propulsion performance, but a great difference in comfort on the foot. This of course means that some folks with defective feet will find the original more comfortable. :wink:

Any AquaLung dealer can order them for you.

theskull

cbsaw:
Yours?? I might be in...

No. not mine. If you're interested I'll get a price for you.

theskull:
Very noticeable. The foot pocket in the new II version is deeper and extends out across the bottom of your foot for better leverage and less rubbing on the sides and top of the feet. Also it already has vent holes in the foot pocket so they don't suction onto your rock boots during the dive. I believe the rubber composition is a little different as well, the newer model is negatively buoyant, but not as much so as the original.

The blade is nearly identical, only slight cosmetic difference. I find no difference in propulsion performance, but a great difference in comfort on the foot. This of course means that some folks with defective feet will find the original more comfortable. :wink:

Any AquaLung dealer can order them for you.

theskull

Great.. Thanks for the info... I am going to my LDS today, and see what he has, I would like to get a look and the new version..

Ken, If you get a chance.. See what he will let those rockets go for?? but I want to check on the version II down in Essex today also.. You in for the Quarry tomorrow?? that is if I can get everything together, and my BP/W fits...

Thanks guys..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom