XXL Jet fin Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA STEVE:
Man, I just got my XXL fins in, the foot pockets are huge! The difference from my XL's foot pocket to the XXL's has doubled in height and about an inch wider. Overall length about an inch longer too. Slipped it on with my New Balance shoes and went right on no problem. I wear a size 13-13.5. I am shocked at the size difference in the two. Crazy man

I know, me too. It's kinda like they skipped a size or two. I wear a size 8 Trek Boot and it will not fit into the XL Jet (too tight) and the fit is absolutely a joke in the XXL's... they swim in there.

Laser:
I wear size 13 and used the rock boot and the problem was the width of the foot pocket, not the height. It wasn't too bad, I can live with it, but I'm thinking of modifying the width. I already put spring straps on them. Just a tad too loose.

I just bought the scubapro XXL jet fins. I wear a size 13 shoe. I'm about to buy a drysuit with rock boots and I figured the XXL was my only option. I put them on with my 7 mil wetsuit booties (the henderson ones with the hard, sneaker-like bottoms) and I still swim in them. The height was the problem for me. I guess I'll have to wait to get my rock boots to see how they fit, but I'll bet that I'll need to modify the fin pockets -- maybe glue some rubber to the top?

Anyone in the same boat as me? Size 13 rock boots (soon) in XXL jet fins? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

CALI68:
I have an unfortunate size 8 in Bare Trek boots wich means I don't fit in to XL jets or XXL Jets. I know there is really no way to stretch out a pair of XL's but my question is has anyone ever done anything to make the XXL foot pocket smaller like adding rubber to the inside of the foot pocket? Any ideas would be appreciated.
My wife has the same problem with her size 7 rock boot. Very common issue. So, she got a pair of turtles and they fit fairly wel. Turtles seem to solve this issue for most. However, I don't know how much dif. one could see between the Jet and Turlte fins when diving. That's another conversation also covered recently here but I will be able to comment on this soon as we will be diving Ginnie Springs on Friday or Saturday where I will switch from Split Jets to Jets and she will switch from Split Jets to Turtles. I also plan on trying her Turtles too. More to come next week...

ClassAction:
I just bought the scubapro XXL jet fins. I wear a size 13 shoe. I'm about to buy a drysuit with rock boots and I figured the XXL was my only option. I put them on with my 7 mil wetsuit booties (the henderson ones with the hard, sneaker-like bottoms) and I still swim in them. The height was the problem for me. I guess I'll have to wait to get my rock boots to see how they fit, but I'll bet that I'll need to modify the fin pockets -- maybe glue some rubber to the top?

Anyone in the same boat as me? Size 13 rock boots (soon) in XXL jet fins? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
I just bought XXL Jets and wear size 11 Rock Boots and the pockets are a little big but once I add heavy socks and tight spring straps they fit fairly well. Your size 13 Rock Boots should go nicely with the XXL Jets. When I wear my wet suit boot with the XXL's I also swim in them but that Rock Boot really is larger than any wet suit boot I have seen or tried. Perhaps one of the largest of the stand alone dry suit boots. Good Luck!

Very Helpful posts, guys, thanks! Once I finally get my rock boots, I'll try to remember to report back and do someone else a favor...

One of my friends had the same problem (although not with Jetfins). He just glued some neoprene to the top of his booties and now everything's fine.

If your sporting size 13 with rock boots the xxl jet fin may be your best bet. I have size 13 with heavy duty integrated boots and I still have extra room. Beyond jet fins no one has mentioned force fins, they go to size huge also they make them big enough for combat boots.

Good luck-

JUMBO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom