XXL Jet fin Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me add that I just got manta spring straps and had to take back the large spring straps and trade them in for the mediums. If you are wearing xxl jets and have a size 11 rock boot you will require medium or less in the manta spring straps due to the foot pocket sucking up half the world and your rock boot! I swear I saw a black hole swirling around in there last time I tried them on.

XS Scuba bought out IDI. I had the same problem, XLs too small, XXLs too big. I bought a pair of IDI fins and they came with "XS Scuba" straps... same Turtle dude on the top. Check out the XS Scuba website. Also check out eBay. I bought mine brand new for about $60.

MAK52580:
XS Scuba bought out IDI. I had the same problem, XLs too small, XXLs too big. I bought a pair of IDI fins and they came with "XS Scuba" straps... same Turtle dude on the top. Check out the XS Scuba website. Also check out eBay. I bought mine brand new for about $60.
Mak is correct. My wife got the XS Scuba Turtles and I tried them on with my rock boot and it was a perfect fit. Nonetheless, I had already purchased the xxl jets. Now, if you are a size 12 or 13, then go with the jets especially if you wear alot of socks and use a DUI rock boot.

I have the XL Jet and getting my first drysuit...a SeaSoft. My suit is not in yet, but I tried on the same suit, smaller size with my fin and it was a tight fit...very tight. I could barely pull the spring straps around my heel.

So I just ordered the XXL Jet...hopefully it works out. Not too many people seem to use Seasoft drysuits on here so I'll post a fin/suit trip report. j/k

I recently replaced my DUI TLS350 with a Diving Concepts drysuit. I had to get the XXL Jets for the new boots. Although they stay on with spring straps I still worry about having one fall off due to the large foot pocket. I understand the need for deeper, wider pockets but I don't see why they are so tall. I've never worn Rockboots or an equilivent, so they may fit better. It just seems to be such a huge difference in size from XL to XXL. I only have a dozen or so dives on the new fins so maybe I'll feel better after a hundred or so.

Back
Top Bottom