XTX50 or 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With everybody guessing, I'll say that for sure it HAS to do with the fact that they're almost identical inside? :)

Z
I'm guessing it could probably depend on this.

From mag: "One of the regulators that I used
at the bottom was a Titan, which worked
admirably. We often use it in cave diving,
because the second stage is easy to disen
-
gage. Le Gend regulators (the top of the
line) were settled on all decompression tanks,
even the deep ones. Hubert and I had used
Aqualung regulators during assisting dives with
Pipin, between 140 and 170 meters. Hubert
had also used them during a -211 meter dive.
aqualung@airliquide.com
+33 4 92 08 28 88
APEKS
: All bottom regulators were Apeks ATX
100, whose breathing capabilities are really
impressive at 330 meters. With an Apeks,
it feels like breathing at only 20 meters! I
used those regulators with total confidence...

I saw the description in the article. Its incorrect. It's a Supra, not a Titan.

Maybe they used Titans for the other dives. It's a great regulator. Based on the Conshelf XIV.

A Titan looks very different to the Supra. I have the Supra.

The XTX100 is the 2nd stage regulator. Same 2nd Stage as XTX50 and XTX200 internally.

He really breathed on a Titan 1stage at the bottom,( and others) but he said: one of the regulators... ( of a lot of he used in this depth record)

This is a pre 2009 Titan. Yep, the 2nd Stage is easy to open and clean.
IMG_0566.JPG

The 1st stage on the left tank doesn't look like that. It's a Supra, which was a predecessor of the Legend.

Here's a picture of a Supra.
IMG_0565.JPG

Yes, but the one on the picture is at the beggining of descent, then he swichted to differents tanks at differents depth.
from his book:"....around -300 metres, mon champ de vision semble restreint, avec peu de vision périphérique. Mes détendeurs Apeks ATX100 et mon titan Aqualung fonctionnent merveilleusement bien...."

The guy was clearly sponsored by Aqualung and Apeks and others. In 2008 the Supra was already discontinued. The article only promotes then current regulators.

My only point, made in my post #23, was that the 1st stage on the left tank is an Aqualung Supra, and the rest were Apeks FSTs. The other stuff, I don't know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom