xtx100 v legend lx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralcruiser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK... time for a new reg and have sort of narrowed it down to the xtx100 or legend lx.

Also, if I can get the xtx200 for just $50 more over the xtx100 is it really worth paying the extra $$? From what I hear, they're basically the same reg.

Looking for feedback on either: pros and cons... Let the fun begin::: :eyebrow:

....the main practical diff between xtx100 vs xtx200 is 1st-stage port layout....if that makes no difference to you, then maybe just get xtx100 and spend the $50 extra on a MIFLEX primary 2nd-stage hose instead.
...my main gripe about Legend LX is the shiny 2nd-stage 'pimp ring'...I think it's too gaudy and is easily scratched up, so soon it will look rather worn/beat up, especially tossed about by boat crew...again, purely cosmetic though.
...both regs are solid, fine performers, each would serve you well.

.....I own (2) XTX 200's , and they are my favorite regs, well those two and my (2) Atomics (M1 and T2)...all of which I've dove into the 150' - 170' range...I would take these regs anywhere!

Didn't realize there was a difference in the port layout. I already have miflex on my other reg so may just switch the hoses or try to get credit towards more miflex hoses when I buy the new stuff.

...well, if it never even occured to you to be concerned with port layout, it's probably irrelevent to you.....however, for many divers, especially those with more complex hose routing needs ( often 'tech' divers have these issues, especially when diving 'doubles') hose routing can make-or-break a reg.....there are some divers whose first priority is port configuration/layout/number. I'm one of those divers where this is VERY important.

......I'd suggest assembling all your gear together at the dive shop (BC and reg on tank) and route/hook/assemble everything together JUST LIKE you're about to go diving......confirming all hose lengths are correct, all hoses route in a clean/logical way, make sure your wireless AI computer transmitter fits properly in the 1st-stage....you'd be surprised how many people buy a new reg, install that transmitter in the 1st-stage, and discover...OOPS ! ...the ports are too close together and there's no room to actually install the transmitter...as a for instance of a potential issue...and there are other potential issues, that are best discovered while in the dive shop, not in the field.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I am buying from a store in another state so don't have that option with the apeks. Don't dive ai so think the port layout on either reg should work .

Just need the 2 lp for inflator to my mach v and octo on one side and my primary on the other.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I am buying from a store in another state so don't have that option with the apeks. Don't dive ai so think the port layout on either reg should work .

Just need the 2 lp for inflator to my mach v and octo on one side and my primary on the other.

...yeah, with just 4 total hoses and no AI transmitter you're unlikely to have any routing issues.......hose length can be another issue though, that's why I assemble mine and measure everything.....I hate having hoses of 'wrong' lengths.....big sloppy loops of excess hose hanging out there......or hoses being too short and bunching up really annoy me!

.... for my 'singles' regs configured for my dual bladder wings, I'm using (4) LP hoses, and (3) HP ports ( AI computer / SPG / backup AI transmitter ) so basically I've got a total of (7) things sprouting off my 1st stage....so for me it IS an issue. :)

if you're concerned about the $, and hose routing isn't an issue, go for the XTX50/DS4. I've dove the full line of Apeks regs, and honestly can't tell the difference in performance between any of them.

.... for my 'singles' regs configured for my dual bladder wings, I'm using (4) LP hoses, and (3) HP ports ( AI computer / SPG / backup AI transmitter ) so basically I've got a total of (7) things sprouting off my 1st stage....so for me it IS an issue. :)

dual bladder on a singles rig? back up transmitter AND SPG? I'm speechless... :idk:

if you're concerned about the $, and hose routing isn't an issue, go for the XTX50/DS4. I've dove the full line of Apeks regs, and honestly can't tell the difference in performance between any of them.

dual bladder on a singles rig? back up transmitter AND SPG? I'm speechless... :idk:

...don't panic, my 'petite' dual wing is an Oxy Vertex Extreme/42 lbs lift, so it's pretty sporty/slick....not baggy.....also do have single bladder wings too....just like the 'commoners'. :) so no 'killer taco-'o-death' wing here......

....if ya think I'm usin' a few too many toyz, no worries, it's divers like me all the other divers come sponge off of to borrow spare parts/items....nothin' like being in the middle of nowhere on a liveboard, and having the good fortune to have a doctor or nurse or two onboard for those little emergencies......or a gearhead like me that's everyone's free 'spares bin'.......

Maybe save a couple of bucks and look at the XTX50. The tec crew love them for a reason.

Maybe save a couple of bucks and look at the XTX50. The tec crew love them for a reason.

Money isn't that tight.... just want the best value for my $$. :D

Having the least amount of bubble interference is very important as well since I tend to shoot supermacro now.

Attachments

• cleanershrimp_1349.jpg
    cleanershrimp_1349.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 83
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom