XTAR looking for tester or influencer to review for diving LED flashlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So pretty much as I suspected. I understand why they went with the electronic lock, it is just some code that they have to write once, vs the physical lock required multiple machine operations to make. But I think if you make an electronic lock that won't get activated by being accidentally pressed or held down it becomes too complicated. I would rather pay the extra dollar or two for a physical lock.

To not incur a new set of manufacturing costs the lock could be electrically set to three quick pushes instead of one 3 second push. It would much harder to accidentally push three times in rapid succession. That is just a programing update. I too would prefer a physical lock, but some may argue that now it takes two hands to operate and that's a downside for some.

some may argue that now it takes two hands to operate
But it only takes two hands once, at initial turn-on after being locked. And that can/should be done even before entering the water.
I have a D26 1600 and would LOVE to improve that 3s press "lock."

@MilesC can you let us know what engineering has to say about the few items pointed out here?

But it only takes two hands once, at initial turn-on after being locked. And that can/should be done even before entering the water.
I have a D26 1600 and would LOVE to improve that 3s press "lock."

Not if it is being used as a back up light, they stayed locked while they are stored.

But I would be willing to deal with it over lights that are dead because they accidentally got turned out.

Not if it is being used as a back up light, they stayed locked while they are stored.
Really? Mine are not locked. Why would you want to do that? It is easy enough to tell if they get accidentally turned on. Surely you unlock it and test it before the dive? And then lock it again?

Really? Mine are not locked. Why would you want to do that? It is easy enough to tell if they get accidentally turned on. Surely you unlock it and test it before the dive? And then lock it again?

The light is pointing backward, I can't see it. But that is exactly the procedure, unlock, make sure it works, lock it, and store it under my arms. I don't mind as much as I can easily feel for my light as it is always in the same place.

@MilesC can you let us know what engineering has to say about the few items pointed out here?
it takes a little time, XTAR always respected advices, the engineers are collecting the suggestion and testing the different methods now

Whatever happened to the simple flip switch? You know, toggle it one way to on, the other way to off, and for safety you can slide a cut piece of bicycle innertubing over the switch so it stays where you left it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom