Xtar D26 1600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link. But a "narrow" beam of 53 degrees does not sound like the ultimate scuba light (for my needs)

d36 is perfect for my needs.. it has the narro 50 beam 1600 and wider 140 beam 4000lm at same time..
basically its a combination for my d08 and d1600

Yeah, if it had an 8 degree beam and a beam in the 700 - 110 degree range, that would make it perfect for me. With a narrow beam of 53 degrees, I would still have to carry and use a real spot beam, for signaling. 53 degrees is way too wide for signaling and too wide for turbid water. That would create way too much backscatter.

Just an FYI, LightMalls.com is claiming to have the D26 1600 in stock, and for $80 with free shipping. Regularly $88.95.

Buy Xtar D26 1600 diving torch Cree XHP35 HI led Max 1600 lumen flashlight 100 meter diving depth , from for $88.95 only in Website. Worldwide Fast Free Shipping!

I have not gotten to really try mine yet. I took it in the water Saturday and immediately discovered I had put a battery in that must have gone bad. I charged it about a month ago and it turned on pre-dive. But, once in the water all I got was two red flashes on the battery status LED and no light. After I got out, I put in another battery and the light worked, so I'm pretty sure it was just the battery.

Oh, well. I'll get 'em next time. :)

Just an FYI, LightMalls.com is claiming to have the D26 1600 in stock, and for $80 with free shipping. Regularly $88.95.

Buy Xtar D26 1600 diving torch Cree XHP35 HI led Max 1600 lumen flashlight 100 meter diving depth , from for $88.95 only in Website. Worldwide Fast Free Shipping!

I have not gotten to really try mine yet. I took it in the water Saturday and immediately discovered I had put a battery in that must have gone bad. I charged it about a month ago and it turned on pre-dive. But, once in the water all I got was two red flashes on the battery status LED and no light. After I got out, I put in another battery and the light worked, so I'm pretty sure it was just the battery.

Oh, well. I'll get 'em next time. :)

The new Xtar Line discharges way too fast in OFF mode.. i noticed it first in my d08 and now with d26 1600..
the new 1600 model led indicator is sometimes inaccurate (i have it flickering on 5% and it keep working for more than 30 mints full power)

The new Xtar Line discharges way too fast in OFF mode.. i noticed it first in my d08 and now with d26 1600..
the new 1600 model led indicator is sometimes inaccurate (i have it flickering on 5% and it keep working for more than 30 mints full power)

Thanks for that tip. I wonder just how fast. I normally put freshly charged batteries in at the start of the day and leave them in all day. I wonder what that means for the charge level if they've been in for 4 - 6 hours before I start my dive.

Thanks for that tip. I wonder just how fast. I normally put freshly charged batteries in at the start of the day and leave them in all day. I wonder what that means for the charge level if they've been in for 4 - 6 hours before I start my dive.

i leave my battery for days or even weeks.. never had serious problem with old d26 but with new models leaving battery for a week or two could get me up to 40% less charge
in your case i don't think there would be any difference from full charge..

Back
Top Bottom