XS Scuba X-strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying a XS Scuba Fusion Purge mask for my next trip. How can I purchase an X-strap to retrofit in place of the standard strap?

BTW, I would have tried a Gauge Reader mask but it's not offered with a purge option, something to consider going forward. I'm adapting to my first pair of bifocals pretty well (it's been 1 month now), and we're still experimenting with contact lenses - hopefully that will be resolved with my eye doctor by the time I take my next dive trip mid-month.

Go the the shop where you purchased your mask or any XS SCUBA dealer.

Hello WWD:
The X-Strap is available independently for use with our latest model masks. These masks use a new "push button" attachment that allows rotation up and down. The X-Strap does not fit most masks including the Fusion Purge. Look for a new Universal X-Strap later this year that will allow retro-fit on all XS Scuba mask and most other manufacture's masks.

Also, FYI we will have in stock a new purge mask within a couple of weeks that is X-Strap ready. It is the new Fusion Purge LV (low volume). It is part number MA215 with a suggested retail price of $65.00.

WarmWaterDiver:
I'm trying a XS Scuba Fusion Purge mask for my next trip. How can I purchase an X-strap to retrofit in place of the standard strap?

BTW, I would have tried a Gauge Reader mask but it's not offered with a purge option, something to consider going forward. I'm adapting to my first pair of bifocals pretty well (it's been 1 month now), and we're still experimenting with contact lenses - hopefully that will be resolved with my eye doctor by the time I take my next dive trip mid-month.

Mike,

Thanks for the accurate info and for being open to a suggestion on the gauge reader mask. Maybe a gauge reader Fusion type model with purge and no center post - I'd happily try one out.

Let us know when the universal X-strap is available for purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom