XS Scuba Tank Carrying Handle???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone ever try one of these:

6ty0ccj.jpg

I know those things are really common in europe on steel tanks.

Ron

I never really saw how that style of holder was beneficial. When transporting singles I used the Trident velcro strap/handle style. It gives you a horizontal and balanced carrying position which to me, seemed much better. In addition, I didn't have to remove my valve to remove my carrying handle.

Never saw one before, except pictures. Let's suppose the thing broke while you were toting the tank. It might drop the tank in a way that is not good. That's why we pick them up by the valve.

Other neat gizmos you will run across are the tank banger, the underwater horn, the flashing regulator knob, and various types of artificial spit. I don't have those either.

Mike, the gizmo I have is the worst. The Ikelite waterproof cigarette case. When the BC was new, you could attach this waterproof cylinder to your gear and open it up while floating on the surface. It would contain several cigs and a lighter. Have a smoke while you float. I used it, mostly as a gag while quarry diving. I found out I didn't need those either.

Stu.

I have and use them on my Faber HP 100's.

They work great, but I would advise that they be
between the tank & BCD during the dive
to prevent possible snag/catch point for string or line.

I don't know if they come in sizes, but
the set I have could not be used on AL80's.
The tank neck diameter is too small.

BTW, If you own & can operate an allen wrenck set,
the valve doesn't have to come off to install these things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom