XS Scuba Spring Straps...WOW!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Jack:
I'll be at BTS with my partner Mark. We usually work with a local XS Scuba Dealer to run a promotion on some of the new gear. Mark usually puts that together. I'll ask him to include the new Spring Straps in the promotion. See you there.

Spratman:
Hey Mike,

You guys going to have an sales going on for BTS? :D

See ya there,

Jack

Hey LG:
You're exactly correct.

LG Diver:
Just a guess, but Likely it would not drop the price, as the logistical costs of manufacturing, stocking, distributing three different products would offset any savings from not having a couple of extra buckles in there. I don't think $55 is dramatically different price than any of the other spring straps that only come with one buckle.

Mike,

I called your office and you were not in so I left you a message. I must apologize for the message, my partner and a few of the deputies here were acting like a couple of fools while i was trying to talk. Thanks very much for the offer. I agree, that is customer service at it's finest. I can say without hesitation that XS Scuba and Genesis have given some of the best customer service that I have ever received. But...that's another story. Thanks again, and I look forward to talking to you.

Matt

LG Diver:
Just a guess, but Likely it would not drop the price, as the logistical costs of manufacturing, stocking, distributing three different products would offset any savings from not having a couple of extra buckles in there. I don't think $55 is dramatically different price than any of the other spring straps that only come with one buckle.

But that is just it, the current version could remain as is while offering an "old school" only version. Since the parts/components are already made, it would only matter for the packaging and part number.
But I can see your point.

I've been thinking about spring straps since I almost lost a Turtle fin recently. With only 3 sizes am I likely to get a good fit? Or does the user cut the spring down as needed?

Matt:
A good size chart is here: http://www.divesports.com/mall/xsscuba_acc_springstraps.asp

I haven't heard of anyone not finding a good fit with the three available sizes, except for one guy with a size 14 foot in a drysuit.

You could cut the springs for a custom length without too much work. The black plastic part (injection molded delrin) is cosmetic only. The spring is attached directly to the stainless steel bolt. Just remove the buckle and pull off the delrin part. The end of the spring will now be exposed. Cut the spring as needed and bend the end of the spring back to 90 degrees for attachment back to the bolt. There is a cave line within the spring to limit the stretch and distortion of the spring. It should be shortened by the length of the spring removed.

Matt S.:
I've been thinking about spring straps since I almost lost a Turtle fin recently. With only 3 sizes am I likely to get a good fit? Or does the user cut the spring down as needed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom