XS Scuba Quick Attach Weight Pocket - Bummer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use one of the non velcro ones on my lower cam band with a 5 Lb. soft weight in it- offsets my back mounted pony perfectly.

I have been using one of the velco on my upper cam band for about 2 years with no issues and it works well with the trim. The obvious advantages are that (1) the cam band secures the weight pocket even if the velcro should loosen and (2) less clutter and easier donning than on the shoulder, and (3) I can use an odd amount of weight for trim (doesn't have to be split between both shoulders). YMMV

All my teaching and rental rigs (12) are BP/W with XS pockets. The quick attach/detach are a great idea, but do not work well for us on the waist belt. They are impossible to keep in place by any means I've found (even a SS buckle) as the pockets just slide over it. I also had one let go from the belt entirely.

I can see that they might be OK in an application where they will not be able to slide around (like a tank band)...

Back
Top Bottom