XS Scuba M-line c4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

packfan

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering buying an xs scuba m-line c4 mask. The mask has a "q strap" and a purge valve. I am interested in this mask because it is supposed to fit bigger faces and I think the q strap would be convenient, my only concern is the purge valve. Does anybody have experience with this model of mask and what is the word on purge valves in masks?

I have no experience with that exact mask, but my first mask was very similar only sold under a different brand name at the time. I really liked the mask especially the adjustable strap. The purge on the other hand is why I quit using it. IMHO purge valves are a waste. Mine developed a split on day two of a ten day Carib trip. Best of luck finding a replacement on a small island. Did find silcone caulk at a hardware store to seal it up with for the rest of the trip. Just another thing to go wrong and you really don't need it in the first place.

I am not familiar with that mask either, but in my short diving experience and slightly longer snorkeling experience I've never had much luck with purge valves in masks. Living in the Caribbean the sand gets everywhere and ends up damaging the valve, and Skooter is right, good luck finding a replacement on most islands.

thanks for the feedback, the purge valve does make me nervous. I think I am going to go with an aqualung infinity instead.

Packfan,

My backup mask has a purge valve. It has performed adequately the few times that I’ve used it. But, I prefer my non purge mask. I had to look up what a q strap was. I don’t think I’ve seen one in person. Regardless, a mask is something I prefer to try on in my dive shop to ensure a proper fit.

The M-Line C4 is actually a great mask. M-Line was once the Oceanmaster line. The purge valve in this line of masks is made quite a bit better than the valves in many masks. It is completely caged, preventing many of the problems found with other purge masks. I don't think you need to worry even a little bit about it, if you want a purge valve.

The 10 Year No-Questions-Asked warranty is also nice.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Back
Top Bottom