xs scuba and IDI Turtle fins are the the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS Scuba:
BTW: look for a new size of the Turtle Fin becoming available this summer. It is smaller in size with a foot pocket the same in size of a XL Jet and the same blade as the original Turtle.
This is good news!

Put me doen for a pair.

XS Scuba:
Hey Floater:
I'm always open to suggestions. Heck, many of our best products our suggestions from our friends, dealers, dive buddies, etc... If you have a few spare minutes give me a call to discuss, Toll-Free 866 977-2822

Cool. Here's my suggestion. Rumor has it that in years past, the Turtles used to come with inserts so that different sized feet could use the same fins. I'd love a set of these inserts so I could use the Turtles when diving wet with booties or dry with my size 13 rockboots.

-John

Hey LG:
Rumor is true, though it was many, many years past (20+) when the tooling was owned by Imperial. When we purchased the assets of IDI I went looking for the tooling to manufacture these shims. I remembered the shims from working in a dive store as a kid and thought it would be a cool addition to offer shims with the Turtles again. What I found out is this tooling was lost in Ensenada, Mexico more then 10 years ago. During IDI's ownership, there a period of a few years where production was moved out of California to Mexico. The cost to build tooling is quite expensive, though it is something I may do in the future. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

LG Diver:
Cool. Here's my suggestion. Rumor has it that in years past, the Turtles used to come with inserts so that different sized feet could use the same fins. I'd love a set of these inserts so I could use the Turtles when diving wet with booties or dry with my size 13 rockboots.

-John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom