xs scuba and IDI Turtle fins are the the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for fins that will fit my 12-13 foot size fins.

Are xs scuba and IDI Turtle fins the the same fins?

Indyscott :)

if you are wearing a drysuit especially consider XXL Jets ... they are just a lil' bit larger than Turtles. But wetsuit boots usually need Turtles in the 12-13 size (I'm a 13 and had difficulty finding boots that worked with the garage sized Jets)

Aloha, Tim

Hey Indy:
A couple of years ago we purchased all of the assets of IDI (International Divers) out of a bankruptcy auction by Wells Fargo. One of the many assets was the tooling for the Turtle fin. The Turtle fin continues to be manufactured with the same tooling, in the same factory, using the same rubber compound. The only change we made was to make a new fin strap with the addition of the XS SCUBA name.

BTW: look for a new size of the Turtle Fin becoming available this summer. It is smaller in size with a foot pocket the same in size of a XL Jet and the same blade as the original Turtle.

IndyScott:
I am looking for fins that will fit my 12-13 foot size fins.

Are xs scuba and IDI Turtle fins the the same fins?

Indyscott :)

XS Scuba:
BTW: look for a new size of the Turtle Fin becoming available this summer. It is smaller in size with a foot pocket the same in size of a XL Jet and the same blade as the original Turtle.

Mike, have you considered a larger size (for foot pockets) power fins and frog foot fins? I mean, it seems that a lot of the Turtle users (myself included at one point) buy the Turtles because Scubapro XL jets are too small and XXL jets are too large - and power fins would of course be closer to the jets than the turtles. Often this becomes a problem when moving from a wetsuit to drysuit diving.

XS Scuba:
Hey Indy:
A couple of years ago we purchased all of the assets of IDI (International Divers) out of a bankruptcy auction by Wells Fargo. One of the many assets was the tooling for the Turtle fin. The Turtle fin continues to be manufactured with the same tooling, in the same factory, using the same rubber compound. The only change we made was to make a new fin strap with the addition of the XS SCUBA name.

Thank you very much for clearing this up.

IndyScott :14:

sam miller:
Mike!
How gos the battle?
Retired for 10 years.
Living in CenCal.
And of course getting older--better than the alternative!

SDM

Sam, unlike you, Mike will never retire......he doesn't even sleep! He is the Italian version of the Engergizer Bunny!

Phil Ellis

Hey Floater:
I'm always open to suggestions. Heck, many of our best products our suggestions from our friends, dealers, dive buddies, etc... If you have a few spare minutes give me a call to discuss, Toll-Free 866 977-2822

Back
Top Bottom