Xen and the art of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed, but dont hold your breath with regard to response to suggestions. Ive made a couple and asked a few questions in a few threads about this BT already, and liquivision just ignores them. Guess some people just arent high profile enough to matter, whether they are potential users or not.

They're probably just really busy

I think they're a sorta small operation and they've probably got their hands full trying to get these two new products out the door. Maybe sometime down the road when they have a little more free time they'll refine the software a little.

Agreed, but dont hold your breath with regard to response to suggestions. Ive made a couple and asked a few questions in a few threads about this BT already, and liquivision just ignores them. Guess some people just arent high profile enough to matter, whether they are potential users or not.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, and must admit am a bit surprised. Liquivision is very responsive to suggestions and feedback, and we appreciate all of them very much. However, while we consider all the suggestions we receive, not all of them can or will be implemented for a variety of reasons.

If you have a suggestion, the best way to ensure we receive it is to send it to this user profile via PM or email it to info@liquivision.ca and make it attention to me (Doug).

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

I had a chance to dive both the Xen the Lynne brought to FL as well as Peter's X1.

My eyes just love the screens. So easy to read and no problem reading it even without my bifocals.

I really didn't spend much time trying to learn and use the menus, but they certainly seemed quite easy to browse through.

As for the Xen, I agree that it would be nice to have a user preference setting for the stopwatch. On my Vytec, the stopwatch is always "on", so that when I push the "reset" button, the display changes: the dive timer moves down, and the stopwatch runs in the center.

I think it would be nice to have the stopwatch instantly available without having to activate it through the menus every dive.

Henrik

Is there any chance that the future holds a Infra red sensor on the unit? I read earlier that you have to buy a separate component to be able to download onto a computer. I would have thought that as computers became more of the norm in diving (in gauge mode or not) that these sensors would be a standard feature on anything entering the market. I do like that it has the stop watch feature, that the time of day is displayed, dives can be logged, (can profiles?) and that the unit display looks very clear and easy to read. I am looking forward to seeing one in person soon. Reading so many positive reviews on a unit such as this makes me want to go out and buy one just to try and put through the paces. Thanks guys!

Is there any chance that the future holds a Infra red sensor on the unit? I read earlier that you have to buy a separate component to be able to download onto a computer. I would have thought that as computers became more of the norm in diving (in gauge mode or not) that these sensors would be a standard feature on anything entering the market. I do like that it has the stop watch feature, that the time of day is displayed, dives can be logged, (can profiles?) and that the unit display looks very clear and easy to read. I am looking forward to seeing one in person soon. Reading so many positive reviews on a unit such as this makes me want to go out and buy one just to try and put through the paces. Thanks guys!

Yes, we use IR to have the unit to communicate with the PC/Mac interface. We'll soon be releasing the dive profile/log downloading program which is in the final phase of testing. Additionally, the profile can be seen ON the unit immediately after the dive without downloading it.

-Doug

Hi Doug,

Any thoughts as to making the stopwatch function a user preference: "always on" or activate through menus?

Henrik

Hahah! Got mine today. Its great so far (simulated awesome), but where in gods name do i get the logging software for this sucker?

Thanks. I'm not sure if I totally understand without seeing one in person...but if I had this unit, and wanted to quickly download my dives onto my laptop to look at the profiles, do I need another piece of kit to do this or is my little usb IR reader for $8 all that I need. I ask this b/c I dive a Tec 2 G in gauge mode for all of my dives (including trimix dives) and I love the fact that I just put the device up beside my computer...no wires, no extra pieces of kit, and it downloads. I'll be checking out the Xen at Beneath the Sea and from what I hear....its one sweet little number :).

Reactions: Jax
Hi Doug,

Any thoughts as to making the stopwatch function a user preference: "always on" or activate through menus?

Henrik

Thanks for the input. We are considering it for a future software revision.

Presently we're finalizing the logging software.

-Doug

Thanks for the input. We are considering it for a future software revision.

Presently we're finalizing the logging software.

-Doug

Thanks Doug,

... speaking of logging software - any chance of "porting" the logging software to iPhone/iPad? Of course, I don't know if the IR connection could be made to work with either. Just a thought.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom