Xen and the art of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was handing out Xen crack on the dive boats this weekend -- virtually unalloyed praise (Bob Sherwood has a specific issue with the display). Everybody loves the colors and the readability!

I can see you now, standing in the shadows by the quays, "hey mister, ya wana buy a xen"

PS. Tell BS, (hang on, that didn't come out right), to post about his issue, curious monkey's, & other addicts, need to know.

His issue (and I'm not sure it's an issue for someone with more familiarity with the unit than I have) is that the time display on the basic screen doesn't have seconds. To get seconds, you have to activate the stopwatch. This may not be a unit problem -- it may be a user issue, because I don't know if it's true.

His issue (and I'm not sure it's an issue for someone with more familiarity with the unit than I have) is that the time display on the basic screen doesn't have seconds. To get seconds, you have to activate the stopwatch. This may not be a unit problem -- it may be a user issue, because I don't know if it's true.

Thanks Lynne,

Sounds like there may be a bit of confusion - I will follow up with Bob on this.

The seconds are shown on both the total-time timer and the stopwatch timer on all three layout options, including the simple/basic one. Further, when in the menus the depth and time are also constantly shown and seconds are include there as well.

There is a user-selectable option to show seconds in an analog form, but even with this option activated the analog seconds are shown in all three layout options and when in the menus.

In short, the seconds are always shown, in all layout options, at all times, whether in numeric or analog form.

I've been really enjoying hearing all the first-impressions people are having and am excited at the response. Thank you to everyone for your kind comments and support.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

I dawned on me, I wonder if Bob has his set with Analog on, which doesn't show seconds but rather a bar that fills as the seconds go by. If it is set with analog "OFF" then you will see the seconds in the timer.

I dawned on me, I wonder if Bob has his set with Analog on, which doesn't show seconds but rather a bar that fills as the seconds go by. If it is set with analog "OFF" then you will see the seconds in the timer.

Yes, I was wondering about this too. The stopwatch is always in numeric seconds but the bottom-time timer can be either. When both are in numeric, the seconds on the bottom-time timer are also slightly larger than the stopwatch seconds font.

-Doug
Liquivision Products

My question really is -- Why do you need to know seconds? And yes, I have seconds on my displays!

If you cut a schedule you should stick to it! Seconds count either for you or against you.
See you topside! John

Do they really make it easier? For example, you hit your stop at 45 minutes -- wait for a while, then start your move and stop until you hit 46 -- wait for a while, start your move -- stop until you hit 47 -- rinse and repeat.

OK -- does any program give you deco stops in seconds? The only ones I've used give me my stops in minutes. I admit I don't know all the various programs out there, but really, seconds? How precise ARE these schedules? And if you are off by a few seconds, how precise are you in holding your stops -- +/- three inches?

Do they really make it easier? For example, you hit your stop at 45 minutes -- wait for a while, then start your move and stop until you hit 46 -- wait for a while, start your move -- stop until you hit 47 -- rinse and repeat.

OK -- does any program give you deco stops in seconds? The only ones I've used give me my stops in minutes. I admit I don't know all the various programs out there, but really, seconds? How precise ARE these schedules? And if you are off by a few seconds, how precise are you in holding your stops -- +/- three inches?

Well look at the converse argument. If I am spending 500 dollars (+84 for the computer connect) on a BT, why shouldn't I get seconds if I want it?

Back
Top Bottom