Xel Ha lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emcbride81

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone know if you can dive in Xel Ha lagoon near Playa del Carmen? I heard that it is a cool place to snorkel, but I have not found out if it is diveable. Is it worth the $19 entry?

Anyone know if you can dive in Xel Ha lagoon near Playa del Carmen? I heard that it is a cool place to snorkel, but I have not found out if it is diveable. Is it worth the $19 entry?

I don't think so, but I'm not certain. We hit it as part of one of our shore excursions while on a cruise a couple of years ago. I didn't see any scuba gear for rent nor did I see any divers. Just snorkeling from what I could tell when we were there.

I agree, I don't think there is diving. The average depth is about 10 ft. They had the "helmet" diving (what ever it's called). I thought the price was higher and an all-inclusive price for food, snorkeling, locker and maybe towels. It's been over 6 years.

Xelha is about 45 min plus south of PDC. Xcaret is just south of PDC. They have snorkeling and you can buy dive trips there. I preferred Xelha for cost/value and snorkeling.

If you haven't found them already, they both had websites.

I snorkeled at Xel Ha years ago with the family, and I do not think it is deep enough to need Scuba. It is a fun family outing with plenty of marine life to snorkel (for the non-certified), but if you are looking for good dive sites, I would hook-up with a local operator.

Dive Safe.

No diving and they did away with the single admission. Must buy the all inclusive pass now for something like $70-80.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom